• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help!?

BDZ_26

Oakley Beginner
I recently bought a pair of customized Oakley shades online and I ordered them polarized. When they first arrived I thought they had made a mistake and not polarized them. I took them into the Oakley store and they are in fact polarized however Oakley forgot to sketch the "polarized" part into the lens. The store manager said a collector might want them just for the simple fact that this type of mistake never happens so they are really unique. I am just wondering how much it would even be worth? They are the batwolf design.

Not too sure how often this mistake occurs, but my OO BIP lenses in my OCP Holbrooks doesn't have the etching as well.

If anything I think it would make it harder to sell, especially online. How would you prove that it's a polarized lens with a picture?

Thanks for all the feedback. If I were to sell them it would have to be locally so that I can use the polarized pic in the store to prove they are polarized. I also have the paper to prove that they are. The didn't come with the P sticker or the etching though. But, I was just going off of what the people in the store were saying. I don't have much use for them without a collection and they didn't make them exactly how I wanted anyways. Still not sure about selling them though.

I personally don't see how some .25 sized font can make or break a lens. If they work they work, but to each their own. If it bothers you that much, go back to the store and talk to the manager and see if they would be willing to swap for a lens with the etching. Customer satisfaction and all that.

I think your market to gain any kind of profit from the unetched lens is very small. Enjoy the glasses. I feel your better off with it not etched. I sometimes think my lens is scratched or dirty by glancing at the marking. I do not wear etched lenses all the time.

I was actually trying to figure how to trick the online customerizer to not etch the words for the reason stated by Ecko. I'd rather have the clearest picture I can with my lenses.

BTW, the only thing I could think of to get away from the etch was put a single "." and in the italicized font, so that it far in the bottom corner.. Maybe there are other ways.

Latest Posts

Back