• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Info On Frames

Redheadhunter21

Oakley Beginner
Found some glasses at work a couple months ago, no one has claimed them and I was given the go ahead to keep them. Not sure if they are worth messing with, I already have a couple pairs of Oakley's and these are missing the made in USA and have no markings at all in the plastic and have metal screws for the arms.

The single piece lens was cracked and and all scratched, with a faded O on the left side lens.

If they look legit, I would like info on frame name, what lens fit, and what rubber kits fit. And if there are any aftermarket companies for these parts, I have good luck with my recent purchase of waleva lenses so I will probably put a set of those in.

Here's the pics, if more needed let me know. The last one is one half of the lens with the little O

09A86E21-930E-4CC0-8634-022D547EBFE6.jpg

972453F2-6BC2-4C8E-9E18-BA1AE0E9A9A5.jpg

EF9FBACE-7D8B-4712-9244-7E8EEDCE4F89.jpg

83AA65EA-6159-4223-A19F-8AB3D5CEED56.jpg

2CBC5EBA-F220-46A3-B4E5-71CBAEA19EF1.jpg

4E1698D4-F07D-4090-B264-7295170F384F.jpg

you could "probably" take a chance of buying some replacement lenses and putting them on there, but you're gambling with a $70-80 lenses if it doesn't work...

I honestly think the frame would crack during the process....

Thanks for the info, the ear socks had no markings at all, the frame sat in the bottom of a pool for unknown amount of time and had been sitting in storage closet next to the pool so even for being fakes other than the discoloration they have held up well.

So anybody think some replacement lenses will fit or know of any aftermarket socks that aren't too much money. I'm thinking of just putting $30 or so into them as a spare set

Thanks for the info, the ear socks had no markings at all, the frame sat in the bottom of a pool for unknown amount of time and had been sitting in storage closet next to the pool so even for being fakes other than the discoloration they have held up well.

So anybody think some replacement lenses will fit or know of any aftermarket socks that aren't too much money. I'm thinking of just putting $30 or so into them as a spare set
$30 will get you TWO sets of ear socks...

but I don't know of any third party replacement shield type lenses outside of Oakley Website.....

they're @ $60-80 on Oakley Website....

when you hold the frame and bend it, is it really hard, or does it flex freely ??

if it's really hard, especially around the nose piece, send me $80 and i'll kick you straight in the junk (because that's what it's gonna feel like after you buy replacement lenses and you can't get them to fit in those frames) HAHAHA !!!!

EDIT: the nose piece is the key - real oakleys' nose pieces are made to flex because it's the MAIN COMPONENT when swapping lenses....

The frame has some give so that shouldn't be to much of a pain however finding an aftermarket lens is not as easy as for my fives squared. I'm not gonna spend the money on Oakley brand lenses because honestly my fives squared lenses started to delaminate after a year. If I am gonna have to replace that often I'll pay less than $20 and get 6-8 months.

So now my question is, radar, radar pitch, radar path, radar range. Are these all the same lens

I can get the lens for around $20 bucks for the path or range

Last edited:
Radar is the frame. Path is the smallest, has cheek scallops. Pitch is squared off and slightly larger. Range is about as big as Pitch, but has extended peripheral coverage and a little more shape to it. Edge is also available, smaller than Path by adding a chamfer to the edges.

Latest Posts

Back