• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need info on installing earpieces on Oakley Blades

Mpearlma

Oakley Beginner
i have some old 80s Oakley Blades and several earpiece sets. I don’t remember how they install. Since they are so old I don’t want to force them on and maybe crack the frame. What was the procedure? Thanks,

Mike

i have some old 80s Oakley Blades and several earpiece sets. I don’t remember how they install. Since they are so old I don’t want to force them on and maybe crack the frame. What was the procedure? Thanks,

Mike

I’m assuming you’re talking about the earsocks. If so, wet both the arm and earsock with warm water. Then, use mild handsoap and put a light coat of it on the arm and you can also add a little to the inside of the earsock. They then should slide on pretty easily

Hi
I’m not sure this is the same type. The Blades had two tabs on the frame on either side and the earpiece as they called it then had two corresponding holes. It came with a guitar pick type tool that said Oakley that was supposed to help remove or replace them something like a shoehorn. Basically the end of the earpiece needs to be spread or stretched slightly to get over the two tabs. I’m afraid or cracking it. Haven’t found any info online as these are way before Internet.

Mike

There are no earsocks in Razor Blades. You just have to carefully pry them open to install.

But since this is the older type of O Matter material be aware it may crack (it is brittle).

My original ones back in 1988 or so cracked a couple of months after buying them.
Yes the pick helps in installation.

There are no earsocks in Razor Blades. You just have to carefully pry them open to install.

But since this is the older type of O Matter material be aware it may crack (it is brittle).

My original ones back in 1988 or so cracked a couple of months after buying them.
Yes the pick helps in installation.

You’re right I was thinking about old Mumbos when I responded for some reason.

Back