• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Lens Help

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
I just picked up an Inmate from the bay. It is in good shape but the lenses are shot. I contacted Oakley and they informed me they have a few colors left in stock but i would need to send them in to have lenses replaced as there were 2 different releases for the inmate.

Here is the question. They have either VR28 black iridium, VR28 Black iridium polarized, warm grey and dark grey in stock. But not all colors available for both inmates released. Now I have never seen the VR28 in person so I can't decide which to go for. I got this frame as a casual aviator style with dark lenses to wear for dress up and such. Any thoughts on a selection? The frame color is the "light" I believe its called.

If its available for my style it's the most costly at $90ish. If it's not available then a second choice??

I prefer lenses that people can't see your eyes, does the VR28 BI or BIP fit that bill?

These had regular BIP in them which i would prefer but it's not available b

Yeah you're right on both counts but they're not a muddy brown to look through. They are much more pleasant than say Fire or Bronze in my eyes. What other lenses do you have and I may be able to say what they're closest to

I'd say most like Fire or Violet but nowhere near as yellow. I know there is the lens tint sim on Oakley site but if you want I can take some pics thru the VR28BI, violet, fire and BIP tomorrow morning when it's light outside.