• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Opinions From FEARGEAR & The Other Purple Juliet Owner On Authenticity!!!

quattro4444

Oakley Enthusiast
Found this while talking with a couple connections I have and am trying to verify if its the real deal or not... From what I can tell it is... Please feel free to chime in with comments...

Thanks in advance...

Sean

Oh yeah if it's legit getting it for a steal...

1a932130f4ca6ab84b4f9dc0760b2459_zps51ff5353.jpg

6473416be65459e85d7d01ea77caa297_zps731c51bb.jpg

8227c6a362462e51638c08a741d934a2_zps3a173f6e.jpg

ecc7f0436884c6d719f1e82f1f99f6ae_zps984ec7fe.jpg

1842eb942fe6395cf155d27a9c9185fd_zps503f35e4.jpg

54adb8e0c9d33613c978ab6f2b4c8e93_zps5db6c286.jpg

I am really starting to wonder how many of these were actually made...I thought it was only 2? How come yours has silver rivets and the other one I saw resembled gold rivets. Did boxes come with the purple Juliet's? Did they make a purple X-Squared or any other X-Metal frames?

Yeah the pins are what got me questioning the authenticity... Hopefully some others can chime in... I was under the impression only a handful existed... Maybe 5 max, but who knows... Would be cool to have a thread check in...

they look like real juliets I cant see any of the tattle tales of the fakes that are running around. As far as the rivets from what a little bird told me they used both kinds of rivets (regular and 24k) to see what looked the best

Just from my observations the rivets are the first thing. It also looks like the frame had some marks on it before it was anodized. Maybe it was a "second" frame they used to play. But it also looks like it is peeling on the bottom of one of the orbitals as well. Dont think it would do that if it was legit. Is there any evidence of a previous serial on the arm?

We need to make a few considerations when looking at these. First off as a forum many of us have talents and access to special tools and machine that can modify frames and lenses. Don't think that it's NOT possible that someone uses a plasma frame and can utilize an anodizing process with an iridescent coating. I have had opportunity to use an automotive gold coating machine to plate metalized plastic and metal. I thought about taking a pair of Juliet's and gold plating them. But again am I doing for myself or to sell.

I am sure that Oakley has been able to work magic in house and make some radical stuff. I believe that former employees know this process and where to obtain the necessary stuff to accomplish it. I deal with a company that makes a specific device that I use, about a year ago the company split and some the employees left and made a duplicate item and with a few changes had a solid design. Don't think for one minute this can't be duplicated outside Oakley.

Whether or not it's real is the discussion here, but we need to think as time goes by how many more could surface in the future that will make us question authenticity.

Well it's def a real Juliet.

I'm not sure there is a way to tell if the finish is real. If it was replicated, there's no way to differentiate

Mine arrives today..... And has gold rivets.......def. a legit Juliet and the finish looks similar to mine.......

Back