• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Some Advice on Romeo 2's

Nyreth

Oakley Enthusiast
Alabama, USA
Hey everyone! I've been lurking for a while and have found this site to be an incredible source of information for Oakley products.

My husband has a pair of Romeo 2's (Carbon and Black Iridium Polarized combo) that he dearly loves and has worn daily for almost 10 years. We've sent them back to Oakley once for new lenses and a tune up. They are in dire need of both again now. Also, one of the arms is a little bent. They're basically unwearable and if I posted pictures you would probably throw me off the forums because the pictures would haunt your nightmares for weeks afterwards. ;)

Nevertheless, I'd like to try and restore these as a surprise for Father's Day.

Oakley said they can do a partial tune up for $65 (basically just tighten the nose bridge back up, but not straighten the arm). Is this worth it? Or can someone else do the same thing for less?

I have an extra set of nose pads and temple shocks, but I need ear socks and lenses. I know I'm on a hunt for a pair of unicorns here, but do any of you have any suggestions for ear socks?

For lenses, it sounds like Line Gear is the best non Oakley bet. I'm super picky and would only want OEM lenses, even if they were custom cut. But I don't know that he is as picky. I do know that he would want either black or blue/purple, and polarized is a must. Is anyone still doing custom cut lenses for these? Or is there an ebay seller, whatever that you would recommend?

Thanks so much!

@THE X-MAN will provide a better tune-up than Oakley. He might also be able to fix the bent earstem. Without pictures it is hard to tell of the condition.
@jdd32 can provide custom cut Oakley lenses. He also can supply custom made earsocks. I have not personally tried out his earsocks.

Yes Linegear is the next best brand to Oakley in terms of quality.

Hi and welcome to the forum, I suggest you try @THE X-MAN for the tune up, a he'll of a lot better than Oakley, @salj838 may be able to help with the lenses and I may be able to help out with the rubbers, I'll pm you shortly.

Wow y'all are fast! Thank you so much!
I just sent a message to THE-XMAN. I'm sending messages vai FB to JDD32.
@salj838, could you please PM me? I don't think I can send messages on here yet.

I can't help with your Romeo 2's dear, but you won't find better than what was posted before me. :)

I just wanted to say welcome to the community, and what a nice Father's Day present!

I'd worry most about the bent arm. They can be bent back but if they snap, they're done for. Likelihood depends on how badly bent and where. But, as stated, x-man probably has more experience doing this sort of thing than anyone. Just realize there's a risk, regardless of who tries it.

Thanks for all of the welcomes! I should have started talking on here sooner!

kronin323, good point on if they snap. Maybe my first step needs to be sending them to him before I start putting money in parts.