• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need some advice or help from my O Brothers

About two months ago I called Oakley to see if I could get the lenses in my Halfwire 2.0s replaced. The first time I called, the rep found them still in stock in at least two color options. They had Black Iridium Polarized and I think Ice Iridium. The rep gave me the SKU number for the Black Iridium Polarized ... SKU 95-890. When I called back to place the repair order, a second rep could not find the replacement lenses in their system until I gave him that SKU number. I sent my frames in to have the lenses replaced but not all Halfwire 2.0 frames were manufactured the same size. The new lenses would not fit, so they shipped my sunglasses back, all at no charge.

I would try calling Oakley, they may still have the lenses you want in stock.

I called Oakley yesterday again (called a few weeks ago and guy was an ass) Actually got a cool rep. We talked for about 20 mins and he told me about his collection. He tried the sku and everything else for me. I had all that prepared for my call this time. I got the normal 25% off a new pair out of courtesy. He told me also how they have some Juliet lenses still but can't sell them. Only way to get them is send the glasses in because they can cut lenses to fit them. I wish they could cut lenses for the halfwires.

My walleva lenses in XX chipped very easily and lacked the Oakley optical qualities. Absolute rubbish that wasn't even worth as free gift. IMO wearing Oakleys without Oakley lenses are just plain silly. The whole point of wearing Oakley frames is because of its lenses that offer superior optical qualities.

I called Oakley yesterday again (called a few weeks ago and guy was an ass) Actually got a cool rep. We talked for about 20 mins and he told me about his collection. He tried the sku and everything else for me. I had all that prepared for my call this time.

The SKU 95-890 # was for the lenses only, not for the original frames and lenses together. Is that what you tried?

I have a pair of Half wire 2.0 and I just got a set of Walleva lenses. They look beautiful but the quality is absolute trash. I know I didnt expect much for a 20 dollar bill but damn. Both lenses put together are nowhere near the thickness of the OEM Lenses. Does anyone have any advice on aftermarket lenses. I would buy some original ones in a heartbeat (let me know if you have a set) but unfortunately they are discontinued and nowhere to be found. I hate to trash the frames since I have 2 pairs in really good shape. Just over the years the original lenses have started to delaminate. View attachment 154490 View attachment 154491 View attachment 154492
I love the half wire 2.0. One of my first frames. I agree with cutting. @xmetalmaniac can help with cutting. I don't know if he has ever cut lenses for this frame but if anyone can do it he can. Or the always incredible @dr.chop

Back