• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Some Buying Advice Please ?

I am using the PRIZM deep water polarized for driving. They work like a charm!

Sapphire is 20% transmission, while Tungsten is 15%, and my personal favourite all-condition driving tint.
Tungsten's bronze base gives it the ability to increase contrast which, brightens the view, as opposed to the grey base of sapphire which is a neutral base.
Even though Sapphire has a grey base it still alters the view looking through them.

:shock:
How's 'at?
I don't have my set of Sapphire lenses (M2) with me but looking through them I remember a brown/purpleish tint. I can double check later tonight.
It sort of does the same thing like Ruby and Jade. Grey base tint but the iridium affects your vision looking through the lens.

:shock:
How's 'at?
aac9203d2bd68bbb4bcb111ce40745ee.jpg

Attachments

• aac9203d2bd68bbb4bcb111ce40745ee.jpg
    aac9203d2bd68bbb4bcb111ce40745ee.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 102
I have to say that as I get a better understanding of the options available, the more weight I put on the base tint. As I have said in other posts, I started off with the neutral gray tints (Black Iriudium and Ice Iridium), but after reading a few posts ( @kronin323 ) I discovered that I too really like the VR28 (apparently the VR might be an acronym for vermillion rust) base tint, a contrast lens. This is supplemented on more overcast days by OO Red Iridium, which also has a more of a rose tint to it, also a contrast lens. You could also look at OO Black Iridium for less light transmission.

I believe that the Prizm Road lense also uses a similar contrast lens (a pinkish tint). I am no expert on these as I have yet to get one.

Anyway, all in all, I find the VR28 and OO lenses are a lot more relaxing on the eyes.

I don't have my set of Sapphire lenses (M2) with me but looking through them I remember a brown/purpleish tint. I can double check later tonight.
It sort of does the same thing like Ruby and Jade. Grey base tint but the iridium affects your vision looking through the lens.

Yeah sapphire is one of those I'd like to run through my "does the iridium coating affect the base tint" experiment but I haven't sourced any trashed donors. But based on other results I'm expecting a neutral base affected by the iridium.

Back