• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Some Facebook Marketplace Help (newbie)

GRFMotorsports

is an Oakley whore
Premium Member
Nixa, Mo
OK, so I have tried to stay away from FB all of my life however for my new business model I really need to be able to use the Marketplace feature.

Right now I have an account, transformed a dormant account made years ago to start using. So I am technically not a new user.

I have tried to send sellers messages both on the app and on the desktop and always receive the ol Member is not available right now message. Most everything online says the other user has blocked you when this comes up but these are new conversations with people I have never interacted with before.

I have also put up a few posts and after no action I go back and look and it sows zero activity on all of them. I know this cant be right either.

I have check and I do have the latest version of the app. I have tried to go through the seemingly endless pages of permissions and such.

Anyone got any ideas on what is wrong? Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear. Have you tried it with a new user. I wonder if it's something to do with that account being reactivated after being dormant.

It was set up as a business page years ago. I posted a couple things last year and one or so this year. There is a lot you cant do with a business page specifically from what i can tell. You have to have a personal page to administrate the business page.... so i set up one of those but because it is fairly new access to marketplace is block on that account. I really dont understand why FB has to be some complicated with all its permissions, etc. That is one of the very reasons I never wanted anything to do with it to begin with.

Once you have issues with FB - there is nothing you can do whatsoever.

Its utterly dangerous for business. I have learnt the hard way.

I would advise deleting it - If you can. Then countimg your loses. Its happened to me twice now over the last decade. First time with my own acc which i set up after loads of FB Puppets persauded me that it was a good idea. Worst decision ever. Then a few years later my wife thought it would be a good idea to use her acc as a base for a page. FFS - I shouldve learnt the first time.

If you can survive without - its the best way. Otherwise you'll be in a huge hole that you cnat get out of. If not soon then eventually it will eat up your business.

It was set up as a business page years ago. I posted a couple things last year and one or so this year. There is a lot you cant do with a business page specifically from what i can tell. You have to have a personal page to administrate the business page.... so i set up one of those but because it is fairly new access to marketplace is block on that account. I really dont understand why FB has to be some complicated with all its permissions, etc. That is one of the very reasons I never wanted anything to do with it to begin with.

Are you familer with Veritasium? This guy explains one reason to avoid - The Satan of the internet.

Watch this video if you have time...

Its also moderated by child slaves in the Philipines. Notg to mention that facebook was also the cause of a genocide in Myanmar - slaughtering over 1000 people and it was solely down to a facebook page.

Are you familer with Veritasium? This guy explains one reason to avoid - The Satan of the internet.

Watch this video if you have time...

Good information but I dont see how this applies to my situation as I am not looking to pay for advertising. I am looking to use the marketplace area to buy and sell. I have found a lot of people will post up something on FB MP but never post it anywhere else. If i cant communicate with them I am missing out on potential revenue.

Its just one example of how bad the whole site is. There are loads of examples.

Sorry if it seems negative but honestly there isnt anything positive about facebook.

"If i cant communicate with them I am missing out on potential revenue."

I lost thousands and months worth of revenue too. Its just not worth it though. I know I could go onto facebook right now and start a new business customs page which would get loads of extra customers which would be great - until it goes pear shapped. The fact that you have zero real control over what you think is your page. The control will be in the hands of a 13 year old philipino boy or girl. Sounds way too far fetched but it isnt.

Anyway - rant over. Just wanted to let you know as I value your input hugely and have done for years!! Peace :D

Its just one example of how bad the whole site is. There are loads of examples.

Sorry if it seems negative but honestly there isnt anything positive about facebook.

"If i cant communicate with them I am missing out on potential revenue."

I lost thousands and months worth of revenue too. Its just not worth it though. I know I could go onto facebook right now and start a new business customs page which would get loads of extra customers which would be great - until it goes pear shapped. The fact that you have zero real control over what you think is your page. The control will be in the hands of a 13 year old philipino boy or girl. Sounds way too far fetched but it isnt.

Anyway - rant over. Just wanted to let you know as I value your input hugely and have done for years!! Peace :D

I get it. That is one of a few reasons I stayed away for so long. I saw 2 cars I would like to purchase last night but have no way to get ahold of them.

Back