• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need some help choosing glasses for a fat head

I'm not at all surprised lol

Spend some more time here and youll find the wealth of knowledge found here far exceeds that of the current Oakley staff, at least on older stuff. Probably newer stuff too lol.

Editl: After looking at pricing I think I will explore newer options as I can't afford a $1500 pair of glasses. ~$500 for the glasses, $1000 to put a divorce attorney on retainer because I spent $500 on a single pair of glasses.

It's that way with bikes, too. :(

Plenty for you to choose from, speaking as a fellow member of the Big Head Club.

After researching what you all suggested that's EXACTLY what I had. I always thought they were Juliets. I'm very surprised that after a lengthy email exchange with Oakley descriptions much more detailed than I posted here the conclusion was they were very good knock-offs. Now that I know they did exist and what to look for I will definitely be keeping an eye on the exchange. Thank you very much, folks.

Editl: After looking at pricing I think I will explore newer options as I can't afford a $1500 pair of glasses. ~$500 for the glasses, $1000 to put a divorce attorney on retainer because I spent $500 on a single pair of glasses.
I say do it anyway. :). SERIOUSLY

I wear the exact hat size as you as well and I feel your pain lol. Go for holbrooks, turbines and if you don't mind shelling out the $350 get a pair of Badmans. Best of luck!

I have a pretty big head, have a hard time finding sunglasses, I've been wearing Hijinx and Fuel Cells for about 20 years... I prefer the Hijinx, and understand Turbine is the 'new' Hijinx, so I would start there. Over the years, I've also had Gascans and Crankshafts, though I didn't like them as much - bought them each in a pinch while on vacation.

Last edited:
Cooool. Where did you get the pre-production Hijinx and Fuel Cells from?
;)
I was wondering when I posted that if it's really been that long, seems like it. I know I used to buy Ray Ban 'terminator' (forget the model name), bought the last pair of those in '94 in Atlanta, so I guessed... When did they start making Hijinx/Gascan/Crankshaft/Fuel Cell?

I was wondering when I posted that if it's really been that long, seems like it. I know I used to buy Ray Ban 'terminator' (forget the model name), bought the last pair of those in '94 in Atlanta, so I guessed... When did they start making Hijinx/Gascan/Crankshaft/Fuel Cell?
About 2006-2007 ish, as I recall. For the Jinx.
:)

About 2006-2007 ish, as I recall.
:)
I must have started with a diff model then - I had them when my kids were infants (basically when I started taking photos) in 2002-2003...

Anyway, yeah, Hijinx/Turbine or Fuel Cell should work... :)

Big head crew member here as well. I'm new to Oakley and I can't speak for as many styles as others can but I was quite surprised at the number of frames that fit and were comfortable for me. It's worth a trip to an Oakley store/vault and try on every pair. I currently have the big taco and the antix. The antix fits me better but I like the way the taco looks more. Both are very large frames and are worth a look.

Back