• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Some Wisdom

Zax

Chicago
I got my wisdom teeth taken out (two top ones), and it was a pretty painless procedure. They gave me like 20 shots on both sides and yanked them out within 5 minutes. Got home and changed the little cloth patches (the name is escaping me right now). It's been about a day, and my dentist is out of the office til next week so I can't contact her for information. I didn't get any stitching, nor did I get any little plug thingy that helps speed up the process (or strong pain killers). My question is, if anyone has had this before, how easy is it to unclog the blood clots, and how to prevent it? I'm also worried because I've been eating mainly soup, and they say to refrain from *sucking*, such as drinking through a straw. However, I kind of sip the soup? I don't know. I dont' want to get that painful thing that happens when the blood escapes. Anyone have any helpful suggestions? Sorry if this was a stupid post haha. I've tried google, and all the answers are pretty much the same. Wanted to see if anyone here had anything that can help further.

*most examples were of people going under and getting stitched up.

The wife says to stop using the gauze, it’s only suppose to be used for the first couple hours. No sucking, spitting, carbonated drinks, drinking out of a straw.

The painful thing is called dry socket. Guess that’s when the clot falls off and the big gapping hole gets dry... it’s pretty painful from what I’ve heard. Good luck buddy hope you heal up pretty quick.

The wife says to stop using the gauze, it’s only suppose to be used for the first couple hours. No sucking, spitting, carbonated drinks, drinking out of a straw.

The painful thing is called dry socket. Guess that’s when the clot falls off and the big gapping hole gets dry... it’s pretty painful from what I’ve heard. Good luck buddy hope you heal up pretty quick.

After seven years, I hope he has healed by now!

“Someone” is having a trawl through some old posts again.....

Bro.

You have been missed.

Glad to see you back and hope all is well.

If by chance you DO get a dry socket... there’s a clove mixture that REALLY helps

Latest Posts

Back