• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need the temple rubber for my xmetal xx

Weestenosis

Oakley Expert
Hello there. I'm new here to this Oakley forum. I never knew Oakley has forum... Well to get started, I have my xmetal xx 24k and I need the rubber for the temple and for the lens screw. Anybody has extra to share??? I also am looking to buy another xmetal xx, the tio2. Is there any new pair around there??? This is the only Oakley the is best fitted for my wide face. Even Asian fit is not a good fit for me.... Juliet is another good fit but the xx is better...y budget for the new xx xmetal would be $300-350. I regret that I did not buy another pair when I brought mine...please let me know. I can't post to the buy/sell/trade section as of now. I'm using my username for Yahoo email. Thanks

Oakley still have these parts (at least they did a few weeks ago). Temple rubber and screws are the same as for the Juliet afaik. Send them a polite e-mail and the will probably send parts out for free.

Thanks nofair. I remember I called Oakley before asking about the nosepad for my etal xx, and I paid $10 including shipping...I will call them again..

Kronin323, thanks for the website.... I remember I bought 3pairs of polarized lens to my xmetal xx. But I noticed that these lenses are thinner than the original. I think they are walleva brand from the eBay. Is this linegear has the same thick ess as the original Oakley lens???

Kronin323, thanks for the website.... I remember I bought 3pairs of polarized lens to my xmetal xx. But I noticed that these lenses are thinner than the original. I think they are walleva brand from the eBay. Is this linegear has the same thick ess as the original Oakley lens???

Personally I'll only use OEM lenses. Walleva specifically are crap. Revant has a new Elite line that are promising but a number of us would still like to see the results of an independent, objective optics test.

Linegear's lenses in the past were objectively tested and shown to have inferior optics. However, they have since updated their product and the same person who originally tested them re-tested the current product and found the optics to be comparable, prism compensated. And, to the best of my knowledge, they are the same or similar thickness to OEM.

Regarding Linegear's rubbers, they are not the same as OEM, they're made of silicone. But I have over half a dozen sets and they perform quite well, suitable replacements. Actually, they should last longer than OEM as they're not subject to the same deterioration.

Regarding Linegear's replacement screws, they're arguably better than OEM, less likely to have the head strip.

I really like the authentic of oem lens of my xmetal xx, but they don't have polarized for this model.... Walleva quality is very crappy.

I really like the authentic of oem lens of my xmetal xx, but they don't have polarized for this model....

Get a custom cut. I'd post you a description of what that is and who the cutters are here, but that's been posted already so many times you're better doing a quick forum search for a wealth of information.

Back