• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need to Identify an Oakley frame model

I don't think straight stem is 'old tech' ... You can still by a pair at a custom bar today.

Straight stem was more specifically geared towards women (because of the narrower profile)and baseball players as it tends to fit better under their caps (perhaps cyclists too)

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your help...
I googled a few images and found a few older Radars with Ranges lenses, that are identical.. And I stand corrected with the "sweep" description, as I had the old M Frame image stuck in my head. I've worn these Radars cycling and love the way the straight stem fits at the helmet line, much like my Flack Jacket XLJ do..

The Fire Iridium lenses have a few in the (line of sight) scratches, and a deep scratch above the nose bridge(out of line of sight). So I can wear them, I just want another set with a different color. My Flack Jackets are Dark Gray lens

Any idea about additional lenses for my Radars? Should I stay with the factory replacement lenses, or are the clones any good? Revantoptics? framesdirect?

Is there another Iridium color, that has worked well for others on the road?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Guys,
I googled a few images and found a few older Radars with Ranges lenses, that are identical.. And I stand corrected with the "sweep" description, as I had the old M Frame image stuck in my head. I've worn these Radars cycling and love the way the straight stem fits at the helmet line, much like my Flack Jacket XLJ do..

The Fire Iridium lenses have a few in the (line of sight) scratches, and a deep scratch above the nose bridge(out of line of sight). So I can wear them, I just want another set with a different color. My Flack Jackets are Dark Gray lens

Any idea about additional lenses for my Radars? Should I stay with the factory replacement lenses, or are the clones any good? Revantoptics? framesdirect?

Thanks,
Steve
VR28 BIP

Radar straight stem in polished black with fire iridium range lens. Nice find! They are a good pair of glasses when you decide to fox everything up.

The radar doesn't have a sweep style lens. They have path, which is the smallest, pitch and then range, which is the largest.
Well, the classic type Radars don't but the EVs do to some extent.

Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Steve
I use the standard clear ones for night sport and shooting, while I use the Prizm trail lens for mountain biking, navigation exercises, x country, marathons and road and mountain biking, but my overall favourite is the Fire Iridium and the Jade and Ice iridium.
I frequently use the positive red iridium as well.
Hope you get the lens you need mate

I don't think straight stem is 'old tech' ... You can still by a pair at a custom bar today.

Straight stem was more specifically geared towards women (because of the narrower profile)and baseball players as it tends to fit better under their caps (perhaps cyclists too)
Yes, for sure. But I meant the surge ports, not the actual stems ;)

Back