• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Watch Wearers Opinions - Availability Of Replacement Parts

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I am looking for feedback from members that wear their watches daily. Would you say it's safe to wear older watches daily? Particularly with watches that might not be serviceable anymore, especially the Time Bomb. I'm interested in a few watches but have a sour taste in my mouth after getting denied repair on a Holeshot because Oakley no longer carries parts, I was worried even moreso that this was worse on older watches (and the Holeshot isn't even old) about being able to get repairs or replacement parts. Are parts out there for some watches or would it need to sit? I don't like to have anything if I can't use it.

So really just wondering what the status is on replacement parts for the original Time Bomb as well as other older watches. I'd hate to take a $500+ gamble on something that could turn into a paperweight later on. This has been the main reason keeping me from buying a watch.

Holy hell, they didn't service a holeshot? What was the issue with it...? Sounds like a pile of crap for something that's still highly available "walk-in" at there stores...

I initially thought it had a bad battery but it turned out to have a bad movement. Oakley told me they no longer have the parts. I was in shock also since like you said, Holeshots are in practically every store with all colors. Maybe it's because my Holeshot was a non-chrono? Who knows.

But I've heard good things about them servicing Time Bomb's and Minute Machines which is why I'm asking if anyone has any good or bad stories or knows anything about it.

I just picked up a time bomb on ebay last week to use as an every day watch. There are some posts about having the capacitor replaced by a non-oakley jeweler if they won't service it. Aside from that, if you can get a good price ($300 or less), it's definitely worth the gamble (for me, anyways). If its worked for 14 years, it'll probably last a few more.

Yeah, as we saw in that other post, any watch repair place should be able to fix most issues. Everything inside is made by someone else. Apparently the time bomb movement is made by ETA, which is one of the largest manufacturers of automatic movements in the world. So any issues with the movement should be fixable forever.

If you look on ebay, you can find people that get 100+ year old Omegas and fix them and sell them as working watches. So as long as your problem is not with the case or band, you should be able to get it fixed forever. If you're willing to spend the cash.