• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Your Advice!

bouncing_boy77

Oakley Expert
hey folks, just need your advice on this one. today, i was able to get some juliet x-metal frames locally. they're not in pristine condition, but for the price i paid for them, i think its worth it. so after cleaning it, decided to put in the ruby iridiums i had on my carbon frame as well as some spare red t-shocks and earsocks i have and here's the result:

IMAG0470.jpg

so my question is, do i keep it this way or put everything on my carbon frame? and also, would emerald iridiums go well w/ the carbon frame if i do decide to keep this combo on this x-metal frame. thanks in advance for all your input!

Attachments

• IMAG0470.jpg
    IMAG0470.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 255
  • IMAG0470.jpg
    IMAG0470.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 345
Funny...I'm having the same dilemma as I build my next combination. Here's my take: x metal and ruby is everywhere. Ruby looks more red and jumps more in carbon as does the red rubber. Emerald needs the more middle of the road color of x metal...I think doesn't play as well in dark dark frames or brighter frames. If it was me...and I'm actually considering doing this...ruby in carbon, emerald in x metal

Heres a quick pic of my carbon with emerald and all green unobtainiums

img0368i.jpg

Attachments

• img0368i.jpg
    img0368i.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 261
  • img0368i.jpg
    img0368i.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 313
looks good to me. very ducati styling. :D needs more hammerstem! lol.

i wish! i think it might take me a while to get those hammerstems as they only come in polished frames and they're too "shiny" for me, and no budget for those yet!

Funny...I'm having the same dilemma as I build my next combination. Here's my take: x metal and ruby is everywhere. Ruby looks more red and jumps more in carbon as does the red rubber. Emerald needs the more middle of the road color of x metal...I think doesn't play as well in dark dark frames or brighter frames. If it was me...and I'm actually considering doing this...ruby in carbon, emerald in x metal

I think no matter what you do, it'll look sick!

thanks! my only gripe w/ putting all this on the carbon frame is that it'll look close to the ducati juliets, but then again, that's not bad, right? but then again as ucdavis4PT0gpa said, the x-metal/ruby combo is also common. hmm, i'm confused w/ what combination to go for! lol

thanks for the picture as it gives me an idea on what it'll look like! looks good, only that those green t-shocks and unobtanium are so expensive!

That emerald on carbon is hot for sure. Wow. Yeah...you can't go wrong either way but I'd still argue if you wanted the more unique look in the xmetal to put emerald in there.

Question for those who might know...the rubber in colors like blue and red etc are only $16 for the whole shebang including nosepieces...but Oakley told me today that forest green is no longer made...but they mentioned a bright green in passing I didn't ask about. Anyone order green rubber from Oakley lately?

yeah, haven't seen an emerald/x-metal combo before that's why i'm also interested to try that out. i guess i need to buy the lenses first! lol

Ruby looks more red and jumps more in carbon as does the red rubber. Emerald needs the more middle of the road color of x metal...I think doesn't play as well in dark dark frames or brighter frames. If it was me...and I'm actually considering doing this...ruby in carbon, emerald in x metal

+ 1 on this.

Totally.

Back