• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Needed To Vent

Dallas O Hog

O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dallas
So after much searching and a trade that fell through I managed to locate a pair of IH Juliets in Atlanta GA. I called and asked to see if they had them and they did. I was stoked. I asked if they would hold for three or four days and I was going to have my brother in law pick em up and they said no problem. I mean I did spend over $3k in one week I finally deserve a bone you know. I gave my number and name and they assured me again they would hold them. Sweet. I got a weird gut feeling today so I called and they sold them the same day. IDK how other O stores work but the Vault and O store I visit here both said they would never sell if they promised a customer they would hold them. I was pissed!!! I mean what a heartbreaker. Not even a call to say sorry. I wasn't going to buy then resell for double on here or ebay it was for my own collection. Well the manager at one store felt sorry for me so he is hooking me up with a little something that I will post Friday. While I was super heartbroken as I wont pay the inflated prices people are charging for the IH juliets, I made a cool connection with another manager and have another piece I will add to my display on Friday. Anyways off my soap box, whos selling me my birthday glasses this weekend? :D

Wow that seems like bad business there. If the manager of a store personally says they will hold something for you they should not be allowed to sell them or tell any else that they are available or have ay in stock. I don't see how this happened but that's good you made a new friend at a new store that can help you feel a little bit better. I can't wait to see the surprise as I am sure it is awesome to make up for the anger and empty feeling of missing out on an IH juliet.

Man that sucks, sorry to hear that. I've had a similar situation take place in the past. It ruins your day. I'm glad they're at least hooking you up with something.

Its from his personal collection and ive only seen one go up for sale so I know they are hard to get. Just sux I didnt get it though

That's wack, people are buying these at ~370 and charging 700 to fellow members the next day. I can understand eBay but damn, by all means make some doe but 300 is a slap in the face. That seriously sucks that they did you like that but you'll find one, there are a lot floating around and aren't all that rare. I paid a good amount for mine but I won't go for these wild eBay/forum numbers ever.

That's wack, people are buying these at ~370 and charging 700 to fellow members the next day. I can understand eBay but damn, by all means make some doe but 300 is a slap in the face. That seriously sucks that they did you like that but you'll find one, there are a lot floating around and aren't all that rare. I paid a good amount for mine but I won't go for these wild eBay/forum numbers ever.
Well said, I agree!

Lol I saw that and crossed those people off future deal prospects

Sorry for that 83, I know you were looking to find one, and all that hard work to get it, and that happens. That really is bad. Oakley computers show 1 available in the country, but its a HQ location, which we know they don't have one. Keep the search up, you will find one eventually.

Brett28--This is not directed to you personally (one of my customers) , I am just expressing what has started to be a common issue about sales on this forum----------

Prices for items fluctuate due to price and demand. That is the free market system. IH Juliets religiously go for 600-750 here on the forum. Most deals are behind the scene, which members do not even know about. That is how hot they are. ME, I wouldn't pay 750 for one myself, but, to some that is reasonable for getting a item that most people are not going to sell, and is difficult to find. Finding a IH in a store somewhere takes effort and time, so when found, the reward is a deal where you can make the profit, if sold. It does not matter what price is paid, whether you paid $1 or $400 for it, what it sells for is dictated by the market.

Typically Forum selling is to allow the item to stay within this community and allow other members a chance for a possibly rarer item, without dealing with the Bay. (For me, selling an item faster allows me to sell a little cheaper, due to cash flow) Prices therefore are typically cheaper, only due to no fees and the way we do business here. If the price the seller is asking is too high, DO NOT buy it, (or offer lower by PM) and the market will bring that price down to where is should be. But if it sells, then the market decided. (There have been several reallly High priced items in the past month or so, that have been shut down due to members complaining about the price)

So for an example think about this-- (XS 24k--400 original cost, Forum price--1k, Ebay 1,299. Whats Fair??????) (it wouldn't last 3 min on the forum)
An item will sell for 800 on Ebay, where the seller ends up with 720 in the end. Would you as the buyer rather that item be made available on the Forum for 750, or fight for it on the Bay. (If you really wanted it) At the same time, why should the seller take less for it, just to be nice. Nice is not business. We all are not in this to lose money. Breaking even is fine with some things, but its like saying I should not make $10 on my lenses, I should do it for the community. Time, effort, and cost all make the price, but market dictates what it actually sells for. Some would say I don't make enough, and sometimes I agree, but the market dictates what they will sell for, so I would rather sell 50 at that price, than 5 for a higher price. That is how business is figured out.

This is to help put in perspective the business end of selling, and explains how that effects the selling price.

There's nothing wrong with making a profit, especially for a service like lens cutting which I have no problem paying whatever the seller feels fair. Im not trying to stir the pot or change the topic I just feel bad for mike not getting his retail priced ih Juliet that's all.

i understand mike frustations, but they mostly directed to the manager. But some guys are lucky and they are at the right place at the right time. Anybody presented with an opportunity is very hard to pass by especially if it is considered grail by most of us. Selling them in this forum in bloated price from original price i think is acceptable compared to ebay. But selling them straightaway and posting a steal create attentions not all positive but negative as well. But having a profit, i have nothing against it.

Back