• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Needing help with my first go at custom Juliets

Shawn Jones

Oakley Beginner
I just sent The X Man one of my sets of Juliet glasses, but I want to give the custom route a go on my own on another set. I have a set of plasma juliet glasses and I have access to a powder coating machine and oven as well as a sandblasting table. I am pretty sure that I will not want to sandblast the frames, but would using shells or beads be better as for getting the finish off the metal so I can powder coat them? Second, as far as the powder coating goes, should I put an old set of lenses in the frames while I coat them to keep the channels clean or will they be okay? thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Powder too thick and brittle, and because you have to bake powder at a high temperature the rubber inside the nose bridge will melt

@THE X-MAN okay then powder is out. What about the factory finish? Is there a way to polish then maybe do a black chrome effect? I'm sorry for all the newbie questions. I have several pairs but they all cost me a penny or two to get.

Don't know how tough it is. remember you'll be painting over a polished frame and with a polished frame there is nothing to mechanically bond the paint

This is true, but talking with the duplicolor rep, he said it was designed to go right over chrome wheels and is designed to be able to withstand normal road wear on wheels. I'm going strictly off this, that is why I was asking your opinion on this. I think it would work on the polished frame, but you know these frames and the metal better then I do. Again, I can't thank you enough for your insight

Back