• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Neutral Or Contrast Lens

Sahil

Oakley Beginner
I'm going to be using Oakley's for everyday and I was wondering if people like Neutral or Contrast lenses better

Isn't this kinda redundant with your BIP vs. FIP thread? Here's what I think is the best answer - get one of each, i.e. one neutral and one contrast. You'll end up using both.

Depends on the frame style. You could get a style that allows for easily switched lenses and get a neutral and contrast lens. Also depends on which lens colors you like against the frame colors on the outside. Whatever you decide to wear you will get used to and it won't make much of a difference.

I would always recommend contrast lenses, but it does come down to personal preference. I just find looking through neutral lenses so boring.
I agree with this ... If they're for 'all around' shades, you might want contrast because I find they can be worn for more occasions than contrast because they aren't usually as dark ... Such as VR28 and Tungsten ...

More importantly, get what you like/want ... If you can't decide get two frame or a pair with switch lock technology

It really depends on many things. How bright the light is, if the weather is overcast and where I am going to use them - driving / cycling or anything where there can be shadows (trees etc.) - contrast. Open terrain - neutral.

I use both and love both. If I had to choose one I would problably stick to the contrast, but still miss the neutral lenses. So my answer is get both if you can. Like already said, you will end up using both.

Back