• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New And Old X Metals

S-works

奥克利专家
Singapore
hey all... been busy updating and restoring my X Metals

1) Finally decided to pick up a pair of X Squared... been sitting on this for awhile cos i didn't really like the squarish design initially
2) Manage to score a pair of pre '09 Ducati Juliet (12-673) thru a trade. Pretty lucky to get my hands on these w/o spending much money, now that they are discontinued
3) New Ruby lenses for an old pair of X Metal Juliet
4) New rubber kit for the Mars
5) and lastly... just got back the Romeo 2.0 from a tune up

img1256b.jpg

the XXs were timeless classics... its a shame Oakley killed all the classic designs...
I feel the new X Metals don't live up to it's name. The Half X doesn't even have a X Metal look or feel (sadly, i have one). The X Squared was much better compared to the Half X, but IMHO, still isn't 100% X Metal pedigree... Can't really put a finger on it... could be the "X" nose bridge isn't prominent enough...

If u feel like selling one of your TiO2... let me know... :)

i would like to wear those X Squared but the don´t fit my face.
but anyway nice pair and presentation!
the 09 Ducati Juliet is pretty cool too ;o)

the XXs were timeless classics... its a shame Oakley killed all the classic designs...
I feel the new X Metals don't live up to it's name. The Half X doesn't even have a X Metal look or feel (sadly, i have one). The X Squared was much better compared to the Half X, but IMHO, still isn't 100% X Metal pedigree... Can't really put a finger on it... could be the "X" nose bridge isn't prominent enough...

If u feel like selling one of your TiO2... let me know... :)

i agree man.. its a combo of not prominent enough, and no rivets! sonit looks off.