• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Case, Need Help / Advice

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
So I have been a collector over the years and on a whim decided to buy a display case. So I purchased a simple Counter Top case, at least that is what it looks like from O-Review. I have a couple of questions about my case and additions to it.

1. It came with two clear shelves, but I also noticed that on the top and bottom in the middle of the case there are 4 screw holes. Just wondering what those are for?

2. Having never used a case like this before, I was wondering what people do about lighting. I would like to have some lighting at the top, but I am not sure if Oakley had something in those cases (maybe that is why it has the screw holes at the top), or if there is a good solution for that. I just think it would be nice to light up the case.

3. The metal has some spots at the top, I was thinking about trying to polish some of the dark spots out, but would that ruin the X-Metal finish on it?

Thanks for any help or advice!

So I have been a collector over the years and on a whim decided to buy a display case. So I purchased a simple Counter Top case, at least that is what it looks like from O-Review. I have a couple of questions about my case and additions to it.

1. It came with two clear shelves, but I also noticed that on the top and bottom in the middle of the case there are 4 screw holes. Just wondering what those are for?

2. Having never used a case like this before, I was wondering what people do about lighting. I would like to have some lighting at the top, but I am not sure if Oakley had something in those cases (maybe that is why it has the screw holes at the top), or if there is a good solution for that. I just think it would be nice to light up the case.

3. The metal has some spots at the top, I was thinking about trying to polish some of the dark spots out, but would that ruin the X-Metal finish on it?

Thanks for any help or advice!
#1 There is a rotating piece to can mount there. (My X-Metal tower had the same holes)

#2 LED light strips work well.

#3 Try some steel wool.

Back