• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Custom Finishes...

dr.chop

I should Work at Oakley
So I have been toying with a new process to finish the frames of Oakleys...I love to toy with colors, paints, etc, and lately I have been wanting to go exotic....Here is a taste of what's in store...Take a look on my facebook link below to follow what is going on in the Chop Shop...

70a09d21-1-1.jpg

That is silver nitrate chrome...It's a process not so much a paint. There are chrome paints, but this is not the same. And it is freakin pricey. The chemicals are about $1000 for 20oz

That's looks sweet! Nice job, Dr. Chop.

Is that the same process I saw used on an Audi on the West Coast Customs show? If it is, that looks like a lot of work for a pair of Oakleys, turned out great!

I am not sure I haven't seen that episode. I will youtube it though. If so, it is probably the same.

yeah, same process. Only there, it looks a lot easier than it is lol. Very expensive stuff.

I'm sure it does look easier on TV. Definitely doesn't look cheap, but the end result is awesome. I'm sure you'll be able to drum up some business after they see the finished product. Looks like it kicks FMJ Chrome's butt.

honestly, FMJ is a thing of the past with today's new finishes. Too bad they still play with that stuff. Yeah, it's cool having aluminum fused to the frame and all, but the stuff peels all the time. Now, you can make virtually any finish you want, just think it up and it can happen.

It's pretty wild stuff for sure. Nasty smelling, gave me a headache from hell, but awesome results...

Back