• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Ebay Fees

Whenever I see an item on Ebay I am interested in, I usually message the seller with a crytic(ish) instruction and add a pic with my email address.

9 times out of 10 they are happy to do a deal Paypal only, They save on fees, I get a better price, Still got transaction protection, Winner Winner.... You know the rest.
Do you usually get the item cheaper or is it mostly @ a regular price?

Although I'm not defending eBay, this is not entirely true. Fees on eBay, have not really changed. Used to be 10% on the total sale (including shipping), now add 3%, which is the merchant fees, and the same that PayPal used to charge. However, they are charging that 13% of the taxes part (in cases where buyers pay taxes), and that is WRONG AS FCK. I have complained many times, but there's nothing that can be done apparently

If I sell a $200 item (including shipping), and the buyer pays $214 (assuming 7% tax), the proceeds sent to the seller are roughly $214 minus $28 (13% of total paid by buyer) = $186
Not to mention I got an email from eBay the the other day saying if I have over X amount of Dollars in sales for the year then they are going to send me a 1099 and I’m going to have to claim it on my annual income which is subject to another 30 percent plus amount of tax.

B4BF9E4B-59D2-43A1-B259-75293FDCCCA3.jpeg

Last edited:
What is that x amount?
I don’t know it’s confusing it’s says 20,000 OR a transaction greater then 600.00 so if you sell something for 601.00 dollars of eBay not only is the seller paying sales tax on that you’re going to have to pay the IRS income tax on it

Glad I sold them 3,000 dollar cyclops pennies last year because I didn’t even know about this until just about a month ago.

Hi,
More often I get a better price as I am saying the seller a significant fee, Especially if the item is over £500.At the end of the day, Ebay fees are a Tax, And we all know who we feel about them🤣🤣🤣

Latest Posts

Back