• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying new eye jacket in wearable condition - black

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a pair of black new eye jackets for everyday wear, and not to sit on a shelf. Condition 8-10/10, but open to whatever as long as there's no impact on vision.

I have a pair of first gen straight jackets (Black w Gold) if you'd like to trade, too!

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a pair of black eye jackets (first gen only) for everyday wear, and not to sit on a shelf. Condition 8-10/10, but open to whatever as long as there's no impact on vision.

I have a pair of first gen straight jackets (Black w Gold) if you'd like to trade, too!

I would recommend getting a “new eye jacket” if you’re going to wear it regularly. The original ones are very brittle these days.

Same look but with improved omatter

Username Hidden said:
I would recommend getting a “new eye jacket” if you’re going to wear it regularly. The original ones are very brittle these days.

Same look but with improved omatter
The eye jacket 2.0? Or is there one in-between that I'm missing? I really can't stand the thick arms on the 2.0.

You're totally right about the Gen 1s, but aesthetics > durability for me, I think!

No, he meant these, redesigned from the original with stronger o matter

Username Hidden said:
The eye jacket 2.0? Or is there one in-between that I'm missing? I really can't stand the thick arms on the 2.0.

You're totally right about the Gen 1s, but aesthetics > durability for me, I think!

The original eye jacket and new eye jacket are practically identical. They reinforced the hinge on the new eye jackets and used the newer nylon infused omatter starting with the NEJs. That’s why they’re more durable

Look at the hinge area. The originals had squared off hinges, while the NEJs are rounded

Thank you both! Still a little new to the Oakley scene so this is super helpful. That's exactly what I'm looking for

Username Hidden said:
Thank you both! Still a little new to the Oakley scene so this is super helpful. That's exactly what I'm looking for
PM'd you

BUMP - still looking!