• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Fast Jackets And Does Unobtainium Really Increase Grip With Sweat?

billybobjoe

Oakley Beginner
So i recently bought a new pair of custom fast jackets with fire iridium lens and black iridium polarized lens. but i went running with them and when i felt the unobtainium when i was sweating they felt more slippery than when there was no sweat on it. So i was just wondering if it is because the unobtainium isn't worn in yet or is it just how it is. thanks and sorry i can't post a picture of my new fast jackets because i don't know how to

On mine, I notice it sticks pretty well when just start to sweat and it's only moist. I perspire a lot so mine usually ends up pretty drenched then it gets slippery. Not sure if it's the sweat or the oils. There's a thread which describes how to rejuvenate your unobtanium by boiling. I try to do that every so often so it doesn't buildup oil.

I'm not entirely sure myself.

The Unobtainium on my Deviations grip like hell wet/dry, but the ear socks on my JS don't seem to be grippy at all. I had to second guess myself on that pair, but I got it from an Oakley store BNIB so I dunno.

ha! well to each its own purpose i guess. not gonna go running in a lifestyle frame (well, exceptions of course) so no problems.. thats wht radars are built for

Yeah, I tried running one time with my Gascan's and that was a big mistake. The active line is ok too. I can run in my Straight Jackets

yup.. gascan big mistake lol. but Monster dogs were the big surprise for me- no unobtainium but WOW they are awesome at staying put while youre running!

Could it be because of the curved arms of the Monster Dogs?

Another thing. The Fasts have very small unobtainium plus the front is heavy for a sports pair since the Switchlocks are stainless. I find running in them a little hard since the weight starts the frame to bounce on my nose. I love my Flaks for running since it's like a feather and stays put pretty well.

Back