• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Fast Jackets And Does Unobtainium Really Increase Grip With Sweat?

Could it be because of the curved arms of the Monster Dogs?

Another thing. The Fasts have very small unobtainium plus the front is heavy for a sports pair since the Switchlocks are stainless. I find running in them a little hard since the weight starts the frame to bounce on my nose. I love my Flaks for running since it's like a feather and stays put pretty well.

yep its the wrap of the frame. and true, FJ's are front heavy.. the classics are way better. the radarlock is all plastic
and best of both worlds

the radarlock is all plastic
and best of both worlds

I just got my first pair of Radarlocks and so far I like them. Just need to trade out the Pitch lens for a Path one and it should be good. The one thing I dislike about the Radar and M's are the price of the lenses are higher than the two lens pairs.

I just got my first pair of Radarlocks and so far I like them. Just need to trade out the Pitch lens for a Path one and it should be good. The one thing I dislike about the Radar and M's are the price of the lenses are higher than the two lens pairs.

yeah shiled lenses are expensive simply because there is more material there, and it takes a bigger machine to make a bigger lens. also bigger lens means more chance for flaws, so im guessing the reject/scrap pile is larger with that production line.

I love my radarlock - it really is a worthy replacement of their "flagship" sport shield line (continuation from the eyeshade, blade, Razorblade, Gen 1, 2, 3 Mframe, Radar.....).

yep its the wrap of the frame. and true, FJ's are front heavy.. the classics are way better. the radarlock is all plastic
and best of both worlds

yes i noticed when i run the fast jackets bounce on my nose unless i push them against my face, but when i push them against my face it isn't very comfortable so is there any way to make them so they don't bounce on your nose?

yes i noticed when i run the fast jackets bounce on my nose unless i push them against my face, but when i push them against my face it isn't very comfortable so is there any way to make them so they don't bounce on your nose?

not really unless someone somewhere makes plastic replacements for the switchlock mechanism. cheapest fix is get a good ol' flak jacket. perfect sport pair right next to radars imo.

not really unless someone somewhere makes plastic replacements for the switchlock mechanism. cheapest fix is get a good ol' flak jacket. perfect sport pair right next to radars imo.

Flaks or new Half 2.0's are pretty light. Don't think they can make the switchlock out of plastic as the pin will probably break. Maybe aluminum might work Titanium would be wishful thinking as it would increase the cost substantially.

Half 2.0's are pretty cheap on Amazon right now as they don't come with the soft vault like the Flaks. The only problem I can see is if you have a wide face. The Flaks and Half 2.0's are narrower than the Fasts and the lenses are shorter. I cannot wear the Fast XL lenses but I can wear the Half 2.0 XL and older Flak XLJ but not the newer Flak XLJ lenses.

Flaks or new Half 2.0's are pretty light. Don't think they can make the switchlock out of plastic as the pin will probably break. Maybe aluminum might work Titanium would be wishful thinking as it would increase the cost substantially.

Half 2.0's are pretty cheap on Amazon right now as they don't come with the soft vault like the Flaks. The only problem I can see is if you have a wide face. The Flaks and Half 2.0's are narrower than the Fasts and the lenses are shorter. I cannot wear the Fast XL lenses but I can wear the Half 2.0 XL and older Flak XLJ but not the newer Flak XLJ lenses.

the pin can stay as a metal bit but they dont really need the whole switch to be metal do they?

the pin can stay as a metal bit but they dont really need the whole switch to be metal do they?

I think so. Looks like the pin is only there to prevent the lens from falling. Initially, I thought it was in tension against the frame and the end of the slot of the lens but even when engaged there is some play of the lens. Not sure when the lever is "clicked" closed if there is tension on the arm itself from the rocker.

I think so. Looks like the pin is only there to prevent the lens from falling. Initially, I thought it was in tension against the frame and the end of the slot of the lens but even when engaged there is some play of the lens. Not sure when the lever is "clicked" closed if there is tension on the arm itself from the rocker.

yeah supposedly oakley developed it for a "floating" lens design so the lens isnt under stress and causes distortion... WHY oh WHY didnt they go with plastic.. o-matter is pretty durable as far as wear and stress goes...

is it bad to have play in the lens? and does unlocking and locking the lens many times make the lock very unstable and weak?

Back