• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Fast Jackets And Does Unobtainium Really Increase Grip With Sweat?

depends how you use the lock. i have seen many people abuse the lock mech.. pulling it in angles it shouldnt. even o-store staff or SGH staff.

if you do everything right, should be no issues. also the lens floats, but isnt loose rattling. there is a tensioner in the lens groove to prevent rattling..

depends how you use the lock. i have seen many people abuse the lock mech.. pulling it in angles it shouldnt. even o-store staff or SGH staff.

if you do everything right, should be no issues. also the lens floats, but isnt loose rattling. there is a tensioner in the lens groove to prevent rattling..

I don't really understand what it means when it floats and where is the tensioner?

I don't really understand what it means when it floats and where is the tensioner?

in the jawbone, the lenses are naturally smaller than the slot they sit in - by a tiny tiny amount. there is a foam bit inside the lens groove along the top that secures the lens from rattling - this means the lens isnt getting squeezed by the hard frame like in traditional designs, and equals less distortion in the lens. that is the 'floating' design.

i was under the impression the Fast jacket had this too. in any case, the lenses go in without pressure (not like flak jacket or Half Jacket), and the switchlock doesnt cause tension on the lens either, just holds it from dropping out. that is the "floating lens" design. i swear oakley made some ads about it.. maybe something on youtube..

in the jawbone, the lenses are naturally smaller than the slot they sit in - by a tiny tiny amount. there is a foam bit inside the lens groove along the top that secures the lens from rattling - this means the lens isnt getting squeezed by the hard frame like in traditional designs, and equals less distortion in the lens. that is the 'floating' design.

i was under the impression the Fast jacket had this too. in any case, the lenses go in without pressure (not like flak jacket or Half Jacket), and the switchlock doesnt cause tension on the lens either, just holds it from dropping out. that is the "floating lens" design. i swear oakley made some ads about it.. maybe something on youtube..

oh yea there is foam in the fast jackets too and is the fast jackets basically the same as the jawbones except the mechanism that holds the lens in? so if they both have the floating les design how come the fast jackets have some play? but the jawbones don't?

oh yea there is foam in the fast jackets too and is the fast jackets basically the same as the jawbones except the mechanism that holds the lens in? so if they both have the floating les design how come the fast jackets have some play? but the jawbones don't?

it shouldnt. maybe the foam is worn? it shouldnt be rattling.. there are batch differences in lenses and maybe thats the problem? have you tried other lenses? otherwise you may be able to warranty your frame?

it shouldnt. maybe the foam is worn? it shouldnt be rattling.. there are batch differences in lenses and maybe thats the problem? have you tried other lenses? otherwise you may be able to warranty your frame?

well it doesn't rattle but when i move the lens around there is squeaking noises and also when i squeeze the top and the bottom of the lens part it squeaks so i don't know if thats how it is or if it counts as rattle

Back