• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New* Flight Jacket - is this Oakley really?

RacingJacketFAN

Oakley Enthusiast
As you know I'm a 'Racing jacket 1gen/2gen and Pro M frame collector and daily user , but ... I decided to do an Oakley leap of faith buying the very new Flight Jacket... :crazypilot:

wow , .. having the 1gen and 2gen Rj's as a (material) benchmark, I look at this and i see ´´cheap´´plastic - over plastic. .. hopefully the lenses are great, but I'm deeply disappointed with the material feel , perhaps i'm wrong guys, but this is my first impression and decided to share...

the only positive thing i see right now is that this NOSE piece. . will most likely FIT the old racing jackets , looking forward to go home and try this. ahahahah i will give it a go using them tomorrow, if they don't impress me they are going to be returned ....:vinsent:

39b6ceb3-480c-49f7-b36d-a592be224bed.jpg 7e9ca96a-8954-44d2-a53c-67486b3b72b1.jpg ef37f1d3-5b92-4ea4-ba65-1786dcab4088.jpg 5d9a710b-a502-4cdd-8f09-614dff9354de.jpg

As you know I'm a 'Racing jacket 1gen/2gen and Pro M frame collector and daily user , but ... I decided to do an Oakley leap of faith buying the very new Flight Jacket... :crazypilot:

wow , .. having the 1gen and 2gen Rj's as a (material) benchmark, I look at this and i see ´´cheap´´plastic - over plastic. .. hopefully the lenses are great, but I'm deeply disappointed with the material feel , perhaps i'm wrong guys, but this is my first impression and decided to share...

the only positive thing i see right now is that this NOSE piece. . will most likely FIT the old racing jackets , looking forward to go home and try this. ahahahah i will give it a go using them tomorrow, if they don't impress me they are going to be returned ....:vinsent:

View attachment 477515 View attachment 477516 View attachment 477517 View attachment 477518

I too felt they seemed (and felt) cheaply plasticky made.

well... good news :popcorn:::popcorn:

the bridge of the New flight jacket works for the old racing jackets, :D:D:D:D:D so for the ''hunters of rubber' that run around here, I will advise to purchase it. it does leave the glasses slightly away from your face, but this might have some advantages, when not using vented lenses the dissipation of foggy lenses, but would need to try it for real . to see if the advanced position will not affect air flow, in the face the glasses look and feel ok , and i'm quite sure that slight giving some 'heat' we could bend the top of the nose-rubber-bridge and give a closer fitting .

upload_2018-5-22_10-13-31.png

upload_2018-5-22_10-13-47.png

:focus: , ok ... the Flight jackets , my friends if you are here you are Oakley lovers, so straight to the point.. the flight jackets work ok have and look cool, but the frame materials are poor, and make me think that cost savings are in place when they start constructing these, but perhaps this is because I'm stuck with old xcool models when the frame materials were made to last, take an example some of the RJ's that I use , they are over 15y old, and they look and feel amazing.. , this flght jacket frame will not last me 2 years, and friends of mine that have jawbreakers have them al fcked in arround 1.5 years of daily use ,(cycling) ,another comment on the flight jacket the 'advancer piece' is not that - plug and play' , you need to get the *touch* and the system itself will become loose or blocked by sweat ,plastic and screws i believe it will do the ´thing´, in another hand the lenses are amazing as least that i'm really happy about it , i will NOT return the sunglasses as i want to use them for racing and the 'frameless' top side is really good.
but i'm not expecting to become a collector of this model .

upload_2018-5-22_10-13-31.png upload_2018-5-22_10-13-47.png

I like the colorway that you grabbed!! Thanks for the review. I checked out one the other day and felt the same way about the plasticky feel to it. Just felt cheap. The nose piece is cool where it holds them off your nose but other than that it’s just ok.

I have seen a super review from other o-bro . this guy went really deep in to it , but one thing I noticed he did said he had jawbreakers etc etc, obviously if he is used to the plastik world he didn't even mention that, i completely agree with him in most of the things, but for me this is a Oakley lense and nose piece sitting on a alien plastik frame..
yet again . .it's the future , a plastik future. :)

@RacingJacketFAN : See you again in 6 months, 1 year and finally 1.5 year review.... (joking).

All this typing will surely pop up on search engine and will do justice. Others will see, hopefully the Luxottica marketing guy see it ( yeah type correctly not Lux it won't help). It will result in negative rating in search. voila revenge for cheap plastic. And hopefully a new buyer see it and (not really boycott because Oakley is still a cool brand to be associated with) but he/she is prepared and not upset.

Thanks for sharing and welcome. Anything X-Metal, let me know. Back to work. :crazypilot:

@RacingJacketFAN : See you again in 6 months, 1 year and finally 1.5 year review.... (joking).

All this typing will surely pop up on search engine and will do justice. Others will see, hopefully the Luxottica marketing guy see it ( yeah type correctly not Lux it won't help). It will result in negative rating in search. voila revenge for cheap plastic. And hopefully a new buyer see it and (not really boycott because Oakley is still a cool brand to be associated with) but he/she is prepared and not upset.

Thanks for sharing and welcome. Anything X-Metal, let me know. Back to work. :crazypilot:
Here here. Hopefully the Oakley marketing team does find their way to not just the reviews, but discussion following the reviews like this.

Back