• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New* Flight Jacket - is this Oakley really?

I can give you a long term review in one year , but i can already tell you that i will not (likely)purchase another 'plastik' frame- marketing goes towards what pro riders have . so I'm sure that no one will read this and say, ah better to find old school Pro M frames or RJ's and rock the **** with them....
also ...if PRO's would be riding on Xmetals hell would break loose , ahaha
but in the end of the day you can't deny that the quality went down in terms of frame material.

:) hugs!

I can give you a long term review in one year , but i can already tell you that i will not (likely)purchase another 'plastik' frame- marketing goes towards what pro riders have . so I'm sure that no one will read this and say, ah better to find old school Pro M frames or RJ's and rock the **** with them....
also ...if PRO's would be riding on Xmetals hell would break loose , ahaha
but in the end of the day you can't deny that the quality went down in terms of frame material.

:) hugs!

I think I need to get me an early gen RJ...

I like the colorway that you grabbed!! Thanks for the review. I checked out one the other day and felt the same way about the plasticky feel to it. Just felt cheap. The nose piece is cool where it holds them off your nose but other than that it’s just ok.
I took a look out of curiosity too after reading this review. Seems odd, especially next to the other sport frames that don’t feel as plasticky. Curious if it’s just the way they finished the frame, or if they did something in general. Also curious how it’ll hold up to abuse over time. Hope they don’t continue this trend with future sport releases

:rolleyes: a happy looking Ichiro wearing Juliet hammer stem custom 24 K doing baseball...

Ichiro with custom Ju 24 K.png

(pict from the internet)

This seems to be true across Oakley’s entire line now. There is definitely a cheaper feel for the Oakleys of today versus the Oakleys of previous generations. Sad to see another company victim to the quest for massive profit margins over quality products.

This seems to be true across Oakley’s entire line now. There is definitely a cheaper feel for the Oakleys of today versus the Oakleys of previous generations. Sad to see another company victim to the quest for massive profit margins over quality products.

Lux makes me sad ☹️

Lux makes me sad ☹

Roger that. Went into the local Oakley factory store and saw the all metal Holbrooks. I couldn’t believe how patchy the icon paint was. The plastic frames of the EV Zero because I can’t rightfully call them O Matter felt rough and didn’t carry the weight and feel of the M Frame. Still like the look though.

Obviously what they’re doing is working though. They just hit it big with the NFL. Sales will continue to grow without any consideration of whether they are putting out a quality product. Big names will push the product and people will buy it. I recently had a pair of M2 XL’s and a pair of Costa Fantails. The weight and quality of the Costas surpassed the Oakleys; however, I have always loved the look and fit of M frames so they tended to be what I kept on my face.

Latest Posts

Back