• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Forum Member Again

You should really look into getting a pair of Mars. They're the X-metal version of the moon only way less fragile.....just sayin....

And Welcome back!
I have a pair of Mars. I should wear them more often. I have a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ with Prizm Deep H2O that I wear a lot. I blew out one of my eyes and the Pupil no longer gets small adjusting to light intensity. It’s wide open all of the time. On really bright, snowy days I have to wear my Cebe Walter Cechinal Glacier Glasses. They allow 6% of light through.

I have a pair of Mars. I should wear them more often. I have a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ with Prizm Deep H2O that I wear a lot. I blew out one of my eyes and the Pupil no longer gets small adjusting to light intensity. It’s wide open all of the time. On really bright, snowy days I have to wear my Cebe Walter Cechinal Glacier Glasses. They allow 6% of light through.
I hear ya! I also have the Flak 2.0 with dwp. I usually keep them reserved fir when I'm on the lake fishing, but the lenses are starting to delam on me and need to be replaced sion.

I hate to hear that about your eye. Has to really suck being extremely light sensitive all the time.

I was hit with a hook on the end of a truck seat cover elastic cord. I was taking the seat cover out, and the hook actually hit my retina. The funny thing is, if you get something in your eye, it hurts and drives you crazy. But I shot a hook all the way through my eyeball, and it didn’t hurt all that bad. They had to take out half of my Iris, so it’s not even there to close up. Tat’s when I got into sunglasses. I have a drawer full of sunglasses, all cased, and only one pair has scratches. I found that hot water, dish soap, and really clean fingertips is the best way to clean my Oakley lenses. They stay scratch free. I just don’t sit on them or drop them.

I was hit with a hook on the end of a truck seat cover elastic cord. I was taking the seat cover out, and the hook actually hit my retina. The funny thing is, if you get something in your eye, it hurts and drives you crazy. But I shot a hook all the way through my eyeball, and it didn’t hurt all that bad. They had to take out half of my Iris, so it’s not even there to close up. Tat’s when I got into sunglasses. I have a drawer full of sunglasses, all cased, and only one pair has scratches. I found that hot water, dish soap, and really clean fingertips is the best way to clean my Oakley lenses. They stay scratch free. I just don’t sit on them or drop them.
Ouch! That hurt my eyes just thinking about it! 😬

I hear ya! I also have the Flak 2.0 with dwp. I usually keep them reserved fir when I'm on the lake fishing, but the lenses are starting to delam on me and need to be replaced sion.

I hate to hear that about your eye. Has to really suck being extremely light sensitive all the time.
I think I’m going to buy two pairs of FLAK 1.0 Deep H2O. I really like the way the world looks through them. Mine still don’t have even a tiny scratch. I have great luck with Oakley Lenses. I just keep them REALLY clean.
I’m not up on the newer PRIZM line. Which ones let the least light through? I love the Deep H2O, but if the black or dark blue (Ice Blue PRIZM?) let in less light, then that’s what I need. If You ever need a pair of “driving Into The Sun” glasses, CEBE Walter Cechinall 4000 lenses on their Glacier Glasses are perfect. No squinting, and You can see deer crossing the road in the sunrise or sunset hours. Cool Killer Clown makeup! Is that You or a picture borrowed off of the web? Hang Loose! Timhyde74!
Wally Moonraker

Last edited:
Back