• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Frogskin Lenses In Old Frogskins?

Oakley plumber

Oakley Beginner
Just put in a new pair of jade lenses for frogskin into an old pair of frogskins from the 80's or 90's. New lenses don't fit. There's a gap in each lens. FYI in case someone was thinking of doing the same thing.

Just put in a new pair of jade lenses for frogskin into an old pair of frogskins from the 80's or 90's. New lenses don't fit. There's a gap in each lens. FYI in case someone was thinking of doing the same thing.
Please post pics ... I'm curious as I popped some new BI lenses in a G1 frog and it worked perfectly ... I don't see a gap ... Id like to see what it looks like to see if I have it or not ...

I have been messing around with the lenses in my 1st gen and my 3rd gen pairs. Here is what I have found:
-The lenses from my 3rd gen pair fit in my 1st gen pair. It is not a precise fit but there are no gaps and is totally serviceable.
-The lenses from the 1st gen pair will not fit (too large) the 3rd gens.
-The aftermarket lenses I bought through Revant will obviously fit the 3rd gen pair, but not the 1st gens. You can get them into the 1st gen pair, but there is a large gap.

If you want replacement lenses for 1st gens you should get lenses through Oakley for current frogs, or get them off an old pair.

There is also the possibility that you have 2nd generation frogs, in which case none of this helps at all.

Latest Posts

Back