• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Fuse Lenses For My Flak 2.0s W/ Pics

Rizmack

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I thought I would share with you my experience of buying a pair of Flak 2.0 lenses from Fuse.

Given what I had read on this forum about Fuse carrying a smaller number of 8 Base lenses vs. 6 Base, I had to chose carefully the lens colour that I wanted. I went for the Cascade lenses, which are similar to Oakley's Fire Iridium, but with a touch more yellow (see below). They are pretty much the same thickness as the OEM Black Iridium Polarised lenses.

I must admit, they were a little difficult to install and ensuring that they sat in the frame grooves correctly wasn't easy. Not sure if original Oakley lenses are also difficult to install, I have heard some folk on here say that they are also tricky to fit in.

PS - I know that the Flak 2.0s are a little big for me, but I needed a wide fit with larger nose pads to ensure that my eyelashes don't scrape on the lenses!

Let me know your thoughts guys!
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1035.JPG IMG_1038.JPG IMG_1039.JPG

Just curious why you went with Fuse rather than OEM?

Congrats anyway

I have the Flak 2.0 Asian Fit frames, and currently Oakley do not make the Fire Iridium lenses for that frame.

To be honest with you, I'm quite disappointed at the lack of lens options available for the Asian Fit, but luckily Fuse have an OK selection.

I've got to admit they are really good value for money at ca. $30.00! Even the green viewing tint of the Cascade lenses are very similar to Fire Iridium.

Latest Posts

Back