• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Gearbox Is On Oakley.com

They should change the bronze to stainless and then make the band stainless as well. That would make for a great watch!

I thought a black chrome bezel would be sharp or carbon fiber like the Time bomb II only more polished to match. One of these days I plan on getting a stainless Gearbox and putting the stainless holeshot band on it. I checked the dimensions and just a little tool work on the band and it will fit.

As a collector of watches I have to say its not my cup of tea!

For that price you could have a omega etc!!

I agree 100%, it just does not go together.

+2 on that. Also, the lack of a date display is a deal breaker for me. On top of all that, at $1,895 for a straight ETA movment, Oakley is playing in a different league, there are many good automatic watches that can be had around that price point. Check out an Oris Pro Diver for around $1,500, with titanium case, sapphire crystal, titanium deployant and locking bezel.

Did anyone else notice that under "Swiss Made, auto-mechanical, ETA 2824-2" it says "25-jewel quartz movement"?

Saw the "automatic edition" is now on Oakley.com at $1895. I am not sure I care for the bronze bezel and at that price I would probably go for a Hollow point even though its not auto. Other opinions?
Oakley Gearbox Automatic Edition Watch available at the online Oakley store
That Bronze ring on those is sick when I was at the store the sales rep explained that the bronze ring will change color based on your skins pH so when you try it on they don't take off the plastic because it'll start to change. They said that the sales rep who is promoting them his ring actually turned like a blue so it's a pretty unique feature.

Last edited:
Back