• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New guy after some Fives

DrvLikHell

Oakley Beginner
Greetings and sanitations!

Just joined today and there's a story behind it... but I'll get to that later. I've been wearing Oakleys for over 20 years starting with the original Eyejacket 1.0, before the "new material" even. I tried a few other brands but I've never found anything I like better. I currently only have a pair of Square Wires and Fives 2.0.

Now about those Fives... I had a minor mountain biking accident today and I lost the right arm in the accident (the small ravine I did a barrel roll down was full of small black sticks and branches, which look exactly like the arm to my sunglasses). Never mind the neck injury, the bump on my head, the torn shirt or the bloody scrapes... my Fives man! I bought them new from the Sunglass Hut in like 2001, I think? Somewhere around there. And they've been trucking along with me ever since. In my search for new Fives, or at least a new arm, I found this place. And so, here I am.

Sorry about your crash!

Welcome to the community, thanks for signing up. With a little patience and a few more posts you will have full exchange access and can pickup whatever you may be looking for!

:)

Greetings and sanitations!

Greetings and Sanitations back at you. :lol:

Sorry to hear about your Fives, but at least you walked away from the tumble. Fives should be fairly easy to replace. Oh yeah, and Welcome aboard.

Thanks!

Yeah I'm glad to have walked away... well, more like climbed away. My neck and shoulder are seriously sore and it's hard to move in a lot of directions, but there's nothing broken (I think) and no hospital visit.

The secondary damage from this little accident is going to be on my wallet. After doing some research here and on O-Review I've discovered a few more styles that I want.

Back