• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Guy From NC.

J308

Oakley Beginner
Hey all, I have had 3 pairs of Oakleys, and honestly I can't find anything that fits my face as well.

I haven't always been pleased though, my first pair, the polarization started peeling within the first month, and now are unwearable, although the frames have held up.

Second pair, Splinter, have just seemed to come apart at the hinges, but I really like the style and fit for my face.

Third pair, Felon, seem to be holding up well, but the total lens width seems too small, and I feel like I'm looking "around" them, with a lot of peripheral sunshine.

I'll be posting some pics and some fit questions, but I wanted to post an intro.

Hello!

Here are some pics:

Newest to oldest. I think that the front pair are e-wire? Could be wrong about that so I'm sure someone can confirm.
Next are my Splinters, and finally my newest pair, Felons.
ME76E8e.jpg

Better shot of the fubar polarized lenses.
ZuiVLxF.jpg

I think that the Splinters block more light to my eyes because of their slight wrap. Now, they have been bent to heck and back, and the screw snapped on the hinges, etc.

Notice that both of my newest pairs have the disliked warm grey lens. My first experience with polarized was not so hot, as I mentioned.

Actually, I think the front pair are Square 2.0. A bit too small for my face, but they have been good beaters for the beach where I don't want to f-up my dailys.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Edit: I refer to the front pair as Squares, but now that I've checked on replacement lenses, I don't think they are Square wires. I honestly am confused at this point as to what they are.

Teetogreen, those Squares* are probably 4-7 years old. They did start peeling within the first month, and I never wore them on my head. Bought them from SHG in Vegas, SGH wouldn't help me, and the Oakley Store guy here basically gave me a warranty card, but told me it wouldn't be covered because it had been over a year. The reason I waited so long was because initially the peeling was at the frame edge and very minor. Now, they're trashed.

The frames are in good shape though, so I have thought about getting some replacement lenses. Honestly, I'd rather get a replacement screw and lenses for my Splinters. They have larger coverage, if I could get them a little straighter.

Back