• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New here and need some help

Canadian guy

Oakley Beginner
I just joined this forum and tried searching first without luck. I'm trying to find the approximate value of an Oakley watch. I don't have any pictures right now and know it's a very limited piece. It's an Oakley with Swiss movement and was given to Olympic medalist in Vancouver. I recently met the Olympian and she's selling the watch that came with her silver medal. I can't seem to find any kind of price for it. I'm sure it depends who won it and for what event but I'm not willing to share that info. She deserves to remain nameless. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks from Calgary.

Which Oakley watch is it? That would help. Condition, box, etc, etc all make a difference.

And if it's just a totem warrant, it's not worth a whole ton in the scheme of things.

I'm not exactly sure which watch it is. It's not the totem one tho. That looks like something mass produced for tourists. I don't know about a box, she only showed me the watch itself. It looked to be in perfect condition. She doesn't wear it that's why she's selling. It was square and silver in color, black sport strap kind of band. On the back it said its Swiss movement and sapphire crystal. I've tried google to get a picture but nothing comes up similar. Only the medal winning athletes in Vancouver recieved them. I thought that would narrow it down a lot.

I'm not exactly sure which watch it is. It's not the totem one tho. That looks like something mass produced for tourists. I don't know about a box, she only showed me the watch itself. It looked to be in perfect condition. She doesn't wear it that's why she's selling. It was square and silver in color, black sport strap kind of band. On the back it said its Swiss movement and sapphire crystal. I've tried google to get a picture but nothing comes up similar. Only the medal winning athletes in Vancouver recieved them. I thought that would narrow it down a lot.
Take a quick picture ... If there isn't a specific logo or engraving ... A rubber wristband watch can be worth about 200-500$ (Condition and inclusions depending)

Take a quick picture ... If there isn't a specific logo or engraving ... A rubber wristband watch can be worth about 200-500$ (Condition and inclusions depending)
Is 200-500$ the watch itself or factoring in the collectibility of coming from an athelete? I'm interested in buying it but I want to be fair to her as well. I'll try to get a picture or two tomorrow.

Is 200-500$ the watch itself or factoring in the collectibility of coming from an athelete? I'm interested in buying it but I want to be fair to her as well.
Is there a reason to you as to why this athlete makes the watch more valuable?

Maybe it'll make the piece more valuable emotionally or make it a neat conversation piece ...

But a Canadian Olympic athlete?

Meh ... They're cool people and all , I've met a few ... But to pay higher than high for a common model just because he/she owned it? Naw ...

Unless it's Jon Voights Le Baron ... ;)

Yeah looking at the female silver medalists from Van. Not thinking any of them have the name recognition to enhance the value. Cool factor for sure. Curious to see the actual watch as if it's something exclusive/rare that could affect the value.

Is there a reason to you as to why this athlete makes the watch more valuable?

Maybe it'll make the piece more valuable emotionally or make it a neat conversation piece ...

But a Canadian Olympic athlete?

Meh ... They're cool people and all , I've met a few ... But to pay higher than high for a common model just because he/she owned it? Naw ...

Unless it's Jon Voights Le Baron ... ;)
I'm not saying that this particular person will make it worth more. Sometimes it does tho. It sounds like no one here knows about these watches. I've found pictures of the onesfrom the London Olympics, nothing from Vancouver tho. Strange!

Back