• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New here - first Oakley watch

Jagamov

Oakley Beginner
Texas
Hi,

Just bought my first Oakley watch and found this forum.

Quick story. I like watches and currently have a Rolex Submariner ND (that I bought before the prices got really stupid), a Tag Heuer Link Chrono, and a Tissot Nicky Hayden watch that I darn near got for free. I always stop in at the Oakley store, but I've never paid too much attention to the watches...

Well fast forward to Sunday. Went to look at some sunglasses (eyeing the new Twoface Prizm) and I spot the Stealth Double Tap watch. We had already opened 30% coupons and after looking at the watch, the girl told me she would get me a 50% coupon if I really was interested in buying it. After a quick discussion of how it had just come in and how Oakley was done making watches (I didn't know this) I decided to pull the trigger. I really like mechanical automatics and I appreciate fine timepieces so I don't really ever consider buying a fashion watch. But Oakley's designs have always been cool and for the price I figured it was worth a shot.

Too bad they are discontinuing them as I find myself eyeing the 12 Guage.

The vanilla smell is nice...LOL...

Anyway, here is a pic

IMG_0895.JPG

:welcome: to the forum. That's a fine looking watch!! I like the watches too, I have a few.

Hi,

Just bought my first Oakley watch and found this forum.

Quick story. I like watches and currently have a Rolex Submariner ND (that I bought before the prices got really stupid), a Tag Heuer Link Chrono, and a Tissot Nicky Hayden watch that I darn near got for free. I always stop in at the Oakley store, but I've never paid too much attention to the watches...

Well fast forward to Sunday. Went to look at some sunglasses (eyeing the new Twoface Prizm) and I spot the Stealth Double Tap watch. We had already opened 30% coupons and after looking at the watch, the girl told me she would get me a 50% coupon if I really was interested in buying it. After a quick discussion of how it had just come in and how Oakley was done making watches (I didn't know this) I decided to pull the trigger. I really like mechanical automatics and I appreciate fine timepieces so I don't really ever consider buying a fashion watch. But Oakley's designs have always been cool and for the price I figured it was worth a shot.

Too bad they are discontinuing them as I find myself eyeing the 12 Guage.

The vanilla smell is nice...LOL...

Anyway, here is a pic

View attachment 207570
Welcome to the forum.

I just want to confirm you know this watch is not an automatic.....right?

And congrats on picking that up at a great price too!

Welcome to the board. And congrats on the new watch. I have to concur with the vanilla smell...

I just want to confirm you know this watch is not an automatic.....right?

Absolutely. Thanks for asking, but yes that's why I've not really considered one before. I just liked the design a lot and the price was what I was willing to pay for a Quartz watch.

There is a 12 guage carbon at a store near me. Lmk if you want it and I can get it for you.

Thanks so much for the offer. Which model exactly? I'd love to have the one with the metal bracelet and the black/yellow face., but I like them all. Let me know which one it is and what price you could get it at. I might just take you up on that offer.

Absolutely. Thanks for asking, but yes that's why I've not really considered one before. I just liked the design a lot and the price was what I was willing to pay for a Quartz watch.

Thanks so much for the offer. Which model exactly? I'd love to have the one with the metal bracelet and the black/yellow face., but I like them all. Let me know which one it is and what price you could get it at. I might just take you up on that offer.

This is a pic of mine but they had one of these a few days ago......

image.jpg

Back