• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Here, Have A Couple Fairly Easy Questions (about Flak Jackets)

It breaks down like this, somewhere in mid 2011(possibly earlier) the lens shape did change on the non-polarized Flak Jacket XLJ lenses, they have that more pronounced kick on the bottom outer corner of the lens making it slightly larger. The polarized XLJ lenses retained the original shape. I don't remember why they did this but that's the short and skinny of it. I think I still have a set of original XLJ non-polarized lenses, just need to find the box to check the date on it. Hope that clears things up for you.

Well I went ahead and got the white accessory kit. Here is how they turned out...
allwhite-flak.jpg

I like the way they look, just hope I can keep them clean. I'd like to snag a pair of jade lenses as well, I think they'd look good in these frames.

Thanks man! I actually snagged these off ebay for a pretty decent price used (after harassing the hell out of the seller to make sure they were authentic). I had never seen anyone with a pair before so I decided on them. Then over spring break this year I finally saw someone wearing the same pair, then a couple more people a few weeks later so I decided I needed to change them up so they'd still be different haha. There are quite a few on ebay right now, but depending on how much you're willing to spend they're a little expensive. If you've got the money though I recommend these frames, they look awesome and pretty much go with anything.

Back