• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New here, looking for lens help!

Medellín

Oakley Beginner
Hello all and thanks for the add. I'm restoring a pair of Oakley Half Wires (original 1.0) and am looking for recommendations/suggestions on replacement lenses. I see a lot of Half Wire 2.0 lens options on the interwebs but am having trouble finding 1.0 options, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

Hello all and thanks for the add. I'm restoring a pair of Oakley Half Wires (original 1.0) and am looking for recommendations/suggestions on replacement lenses. I see a lot of Half Wire 2.0 lens options on the interwebs but am having trouble finding 1.0 options, any suggestions?

Welcome to the forums.
I'll direct to reach out to @Chris A Hardaway when you can PM.

For a general guide/summary on some of the aftermarket producers can check here: Oakley Replacement Lenses - The Ultimate Guide

Also suggest using the search feature and can read through plenty of reviews/thoughts etc. on all the brands mentioned in there.
Oh! That's cool.
Also when you get privileges you can message me. I just got a brand new edger. It should be able to do Half Wires... Though I'd appreciate it if you could send me the frame for 1 week to perfect the lenses and mount for you. These will be the only source for OEM quality worldwide!

@Medellín

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, can you send a photo of your lenses unmounted you'd like replaced? I just made these for a flak jacket xlj!

1570581974156718525779014784278.jpg

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Chris, I have the frame/lenses at home (I'm at work right now) and will get you a pic either later today or tomorrow. I appreciate you seeing what you can do. Those flack jacket lenses look sweet!

Thanks,
Mike

Back