• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Holbrook With Hairline Sratches On Bolts?

86Panda

Oakley Beginner
Hi
I recently just bought my first pair new Oakley Holbrook moto gp edition online and I come to figure out there were some hairline cracks coming out of the green bolts of the glasses.(they look more like pin needle scratches then cracks)
so my question is, is this normal? or is this anything to worry about? I would give you a picture but my camera can't catch it.

btw sorry if this was posted on past events im kind of in a rush situation.

Thanks

Yeah this is just the way the Holbrooks are spotted the same thing first on my GP's as well Guessing it has something to do with the way they are made?

oh ok thanks man that's a relief that I'm the only one haha

well I ended up taking pictures with a different camera and you could some what tell...
take a look
100_0049.jpg

100_0048.jpg

100_0043.jpg

100_0042.jpg

I had these on both my moto gps and sw holbrooks. I sent the sw ones in as a warranty claim and but they just sent them back. I've heard it has something to do with the mold when they're made. However, I've had a pair of matte white and matte clear and they both did not have these marks.

I had these on both my moto gps and sw holbrooks. I sent the sw ones in as a warranty claim and but they just sent them back. I've heard it has something to do with the mold when they're made. However, I've had a pair of matte white and matte clear and they both did not have these marks.

thats weird you think they would fix it... do you think it'll be fine? i plan to wear these glasses a lot I don't want them breaking on me.

On my frogskins (polished black frames), the frames have the same hairline scratches. In no way does it affect the durability of it. I've had my frogskins for couple years now and they are my everyday pair. No cracks in those areas where the scratches are at all....good as day 1.

Nothing to worry about bud =)

thats weird you think they would fix it... do you think it'll be fine? i plan to wear these glasses a lot I don't want them breaking on me.

I pretty sure you will be fine. Have fun rocking your oakleys around. If you feel it will be a problem maybe try to contact Oakley HQ.

Latest Posts

Back