• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Julie's Displayed

NCHornet

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Finally had a few minutes of FREE time this morning so I got the new Julie's put away. Forgive the crappy cell phone picks. When I have more time I will get the D90 out. Enjoy

IMG_20180120_102805.jpg

IMG_20180120_102544.jpg

Yes, that is a mouse riding a pygmy rattler bare back, and yes it is Bad Azz, Thank You!!!

IMG_20180120_093948.jpg

How Southern Are You? Can you tell me what those bones are?

IMG_20180120_121529.jpg

IMG_20180120_102621.jpg

The case is filling up nicely. Won't be to much longer until I'm huntin another.
Hope y'all have a great weekend.
Later
NCH

I was gonna ask if that was a copper /carbon tio2 Juliet! Jon nailed it! That one is sick! Shoot some pics of that one! Whole collection and display looks fantastic! Well done!

Well, I never imagined I would say this... but I know a coon penis bone when I see one lol!

Sweet collection too, the Juliets are awesome!

Winner, winner chicken dinner. Those are coon pecker bones that were used to make shine in the backwoods. It's a tradition that has been passed down from father to son for years. One of them was supposedly used by the best shiner that ever lived. No, not Junior Johnson, I'm talking about the Mr. Popcorn Sutton. If you don't know who he is, your probably a Yankee, lol!!! I met Mr. Sutton a couple times during his life, he said he would never go back to prison and he meant what he said. Seeing that you're from NC as well, I would have been ashamed if you didn't know what they were, lol!!!

The copper Juliet was something I wanted but hadn't seen before. Every copper Julie that I have seen were very polished and shiny. They look sweet, but that's not me. I had these done in a mat finish. I contacted Cory about this and he said he had never done a mat finished copper plating but he was good to give it a shot. He did a superb job on the plating, just like I wanted. I had never seen one done with the heads of the pins in the nose bridge being copper, but I thought it would look good. Cory tried and tried but the plating just didn't take. I had Cory send them to Mark for him to do his magic. Mark was able to match the copper color just perfect. He got the Julies assembled and sent them to me. It had been several weeks since I had first sent them to Cory. During this time I went on the hunt for the lenses. I saw that Ikon had a Rose Gold lenses that looked like they would be a good match for the copper, plus they were polarized which are a must for my jacked up diabetic eyes. When it all came together I couldn't believe the final result. The lenses were a dead match to the frames. When I first posted them many thought I must have sent Cory the lenses to match the plating to, but that wasn't how it went down. I love them, they don't get worn as much as some of the others but they are for sure one of the pairs that I will never sell.

I actually was able to find the thread I had made on the copper and below is a link. When I do have some more free time I will get some pics with the Nikon D90 outside of all of them. I'm pretty happy with my display case. I never thought I would be one of those collectors that has an Oakley display case for their shades. But I also thought my best friend and wife of 32 years would never cheat on me and we would get divorced. She would have hated it if I had this set up in the den like I now. When I come in late at night and the room is dark except for the lights in the case, I think to myself how much she would have hated it and I get a huge smile on my face. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!
Later
NCH

Copper Juliets

Back