• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Juliet Lenses - Ruby Iridium ?

Jben04

Oakley Enthusiast
Beaufort SC
Ok , so weeks ago i ordered the Ruby Iridium juliet lenses,and they we're delivered today.
Am i right in thinking they look like fire iridium? ( or is it just my imagination )
It does say on the Oakley box " Ruby "

108_0120_zps9dea6f92.jpg

108_0112_zps9899abba.jpg

(the bottom ones are the new lenses )

108_0113_zps46d31a43.jpg

Biggest difference between ruby and fire for a while now has been what they are like to look through rather than at. Your rubies should be grey/blue neutral rather than the greenish contrast tinge of fire.

So they are ruby's..just not the same shade.? (unfortunately i don't have any fire iridium lenses to compare them to )
Grey / blue - checking....and checked,,yup its a grey / blue netural.

So they are ruby's..just not the same shade.? (unfortunately i don't have any fire iridium lenses to compare them to )
Grey / blue - checking....and checked,,yup its a grey / blue netural.
Correct. I have ruby and fire that you would struggle to tell apart from in front :/ And another pair of ruby that are looking gloriously red this evening... There's a bit of pot luck in how the colours come out.

image.jpg

Top right are x-metal/ruby, middle left are plasma/ruby and middle right are polished/fire. The rubies in the x-metal are disappointingly close to fire. Might swap them for the redder lenses in the plasma actually...

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct. I have ruby and fire that you would struggle to tell apart from in front :/ And another pair of ruby that are looking gloriously red this evening... There's a bit of pot luck in how the colours come out.

image.jpg

Top right are x-metal/ruby, middle left are plasma/ruby and middle right are polished/fire. The rubies in the x-metal are disappointingly close to fire. Might swap them for the redder lenses in the plasma actually...
Nice collectio bro is that a blue iridium with the green hues? Like blu green earlier release. I mean first release?

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, the original ones i had in the Juliets are much redder than the newer ones. Pity the older ones have a few scratches.Oh well,just need to install the newer lenses now .

yea, the original ones i had in the Juliets are much redder than the newer ones. Pity the older ones have a few scratches.Oh well,just need to install the newer lenses now .
I have one of thesame first release blue irids i call them blue greens mines is installed on my carbons i got mines new 8yrs ago.