• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Juliets 4th gen. but probably a SCAM :( help appreciated

sami_kk_

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys! so I bought a few days ago these JULIETS 4th gen. from a guy that seemed very legit, but there are few things that really don’t come back to me, so maybe he got scammed at first when buying them and would like to know since I have still a few business days to send them back and receive a refound.
First of all, the 2 “things” that hold the nosebridge I understand that should be RIVETS and shouldn’t have any place for a screwdriver as it is in this case instead;
Secondly, the lenses had a little bit of a scrap on them and to verify if they where legit or true oakley lenses I scratched them a little bit more with my nail and the color actually came off very easily, so it could be that they are not real lenses right? (but maybe I just did them worse I don’t know);
P.S. the total weight is 42 grams, maybe it can be of any help to you guys
thanks in advance
Samuel

IMG_0565.png

IMG_0566.png

IMG_0567.png

IMG_0568.png

IMG_0569.png

IMG_0570.png

IMG_0571.png

IMG_0572.png

IMG_0573.png

IMG_0574.png

IMG_0575.png

IMG_0576.png

Hi there,

Actually Juliets do not have rivets either but press fits, but that's a technicality. This looks like a legit frame to me. Though it seems that someone messed them up by trying to cut a screw head into the press fits. Who knows, maybe they even tried making custom screws or something. In one of the pictures it kind of looks like the nose bridge is a little bent where the right pin comes out. But I can't really tell at this resolution. Might just be a re-pin gone wrong.

Can't say anything about the lenses.

Sorry bro

Hi there,

Actually Juliets do not have rivets either but press fits, but that's a technicality. This looks like a legit frame to me. Though it seems that someone messed them up by trying to cut a screw head into the press fits. Who knows, maybe they even tried making custom screws or something. In one of the pictures it kind of looks like the nose bridge is a little bent where the right pin comes out. But I can't really tell at this resolution. Might just be a re-pin gone wrong.

Can't say anything about the lenses.

Sorry bro
no its okay man, it was helpful.

Looks fine to me. The nose-bridge rivets may have been a clumsy home-based attempt.

Scratching the lenses, is not going to prove anything. Iridium may be strong, but only in the protection against UV Light, not physical abuse.

Just did a search using weight of Juliet.Taken from a piece on the weights of Oakkey Sunglasses by @cacatman.

Juliet - 39g. to 44g. (late -> early models).

Last edited:
It’s a legit Juliet.
Unfortunately from your pictures its hard to tell anything.
The nosebridge got butchered by a total amateur that probably watched a youtube video. The lenses peel at old age or wrong cleaning.
Oh okay didn’t know about the lenses! very appreciated

Looks fine to me. The nose-bridge rivets may have been a clumsy home-based attempt.

Scratching the lenses, is not going to prove anything. Iridium may be strong, but only in the protection against UV Light, not physical abuse.

Just did a search using weight of Juliet.Taken from a piece on the weights of Oakkey Sunglasses by @cacatman.

Juliet - 39g. to 44g. (late -> early models).
🙏😘

225 but I didn't notice the lenses where this bad, and it was the very first piece of eyewear for me, so I understand I could have been more cautious...anyway
Understood.
Worst case you have to buy:
- Lenses ~ $80,-
- Rubber Set ~ $45,-
- Nose tune-up ~ $50,-
You do the math.

Back