• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New M-frame Heater Lens

Heater is by far my favorite, but I've got a few more Strikes. Hybrid works, as does Sweep. The ****ty part is I've got lenses that are almost 1/8" off in size from each other in the same cut. I don't know if Oakley played around with size changes or if they've got different molds, or the lenses are shaped by hand or something. It's a bit odd.

2012-09-14163456.jpg

That's a good question. There are some that don't fit some frames. I haven't been playing with combinations a lot, but it seems my Gen2 and my 2.0's are the most finnicky.

And no, I don't feel like running through and trying all 20 lenses in all 10 frames and taking measurements and making notes on lens curve and hook dimensions. Even though I kind of want to, and probably will eventually.

But I've decided I need a larger sample set, so off to ebay to look for more arrays for sale!

I need a Gen1, 3.0, and Gen2 straight stem frame, and V, Slit, 67, Slash, Hybrid Gen1, and Hybrid S lenses. Then I think I'll have one of every type, which is the current goal.

Heater is by far my favorite, but I've got a few more Strikes. Hybrid works, as does Sweep. The ****ty part is I've got lenses that are almost 1/8" off in size from each other in the same cut. I don't know if Oakley played around with size changes or if they've got different molds, or the lenses are shaped by hand or something. It's a bit odd.

Wow an 1/8"? That's a huge difference between lenses

That's a good question. There are some that don't fit some frames. I haven't been playing with combinations a lot, but it seems my Gen2 and my 2.0's are the most finnicky.

And no, I don't feel like running through and trying all 20 lenses in all 10 frames and taking measurements and making notes on lens curve and hook dimensions. Even though I kind of want to, and probably will eventually.

But I've decided I need a larger sample set, so off to ebay to look for more arrays for sale!

I need a Gen1, 3.0, and Gen2 straight stem frame, and V, Slit, 67, Slash, Hybrid Gen1, and Hybrid S lenses. Then I think I'll have one of every type, which is the current goal.

HAHAH thats awesome. Yeah I might have to look for a Gen 2 frame, which was my first pair ever. If you come across an extra one on the bay or get one in a lot let me know. Colorway doesnt really matter.

Forgot to add; need a photochromic, persimmon, yellow, HI persimmon, HI yellow, HI blue, positive red, jade, amber, slate, G30, laser, and blue (non-VR28 base) lenses to cover tints.

And at least one Mag combo, preferably black/black Heater or maybe denim/black Heater.

Wow an 1/8"? That's a huge difference between lenses

All stacked up they vary wildly. Some stack right up, some need to be held in place since they don't sit the same, some need the nose piece pressed on, others insert into a frame super easy, some won't go in certain frames, some won't hold a nosepiece well. It's all over the place.

2012-09-14180621.jpg