• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Member After X-Metal Tragedy

Junos Frakis

Oakley Beginner
Florida
Hi All,

I’ve had Oakley’s for a long time. My first pair, that I ever bought with my own money, was an RX’d X-Metal XX in 2000. After that, over the years, I picked up a few other prescription frames (Corkscrew, Chop Top, Gasser) as well as some sunglasses (X-Metal JULIET, Big Taco, Eyepatch 2, Split Jacket, and as of yesterday a Flak 2.0 & Badman).

I find myself here, full of regret, because I recently came to know that about 5 years ago while cleaning out a storage closet (to make room for my kid’s toys), the XX’s were thrown away. Anyways, hopefully I can find another pair one of these days.

Thanks all!
Junos

Thanks guys, I appreciate the warm welcome. They were thrown away because my wife thought they were broken (the gaskets were basically completely worn out — she said “it was floppy”).

They were thrown out about 5 years ago, but I only found out this weekend when I went looking for them. Needless to say I was a bit miffed.:mad-35:

Latest Posts

Back