• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New member from SoCal

Oak street

I should Work at Oakley
Hello everyone,

New member from the southbay area (Los Angeles County). Long time lurker and finally decided to make my presence felt after snagging a few new examples of the Eye Jacket redux. I have been an ardent collector for over 2 decades and used to have quite a stockpile of X-metals in my arsenal.

I used to own several OG eye jackets, Romeo-1’s, Juliet’s(including the early release X-men ruby), penny and a couple of X-squared. I still have a brand new sealed Juliet infinite hero, Ichiro emerald and ice iridium polarized which I will keep with me for collection purposes.

Along with Oakley’s I also love the Dita’s, Porsche aviators and some old school Maui Jim’s. I’m also into American muscle cars.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of this wonderful community.

Cheers!

Roman

Hi Roman, welcome to the Forum...

It would be great to see some pics of your current pairs - we never tire of seeing peoples collections!!

What is your take on the Redux?

Edit - just seen your post on the EJ Redux. Did you see the Palace Skateboard pairs? They are identical to the original Eye Jackets apart from the text on the nosebridge.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Yes I will definitely upload some pics soon. My collection has been downsized over the years but I still have a few juliets like I mentioned in my intro post and a few Badmans. I also own some Holbrooks and the Oakley inmate polished chrome/Vr28 which is probably one of my all time favorites.

I actually don’t mind the Redux. I was hoping for the OG design cues but at least there is an option available for eye jacket nuts. I feel the Planet-X / + red iridium is absolutely stunning. I had to get these as I believe these are not going to be made in large quantities.

Last edited:
Edit - just seen your post on the EJ Redux. Did you see the Palace Skateboard pairs? They are identical to the original Eye Jackets apart from the text on the nosebridge.
I have the black/deep blue. I actually like the “palace” text since it makes it look like an exclusive collab, which it is. Still searching for the Silver/Fire.

Back