• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Member, I Think I Want A Pair Of X-Squared

GlockFan

Oakley Beginner
Hello,
Newbie here..
I am about to make a new purchase for sunglasses and I am looking at the X-Squared.
I have a rather large melon and need a pair of sunglasses where the frame flares out a little so they don't look so tight on my head.
I would love to be able to find a pair of Polished Carbon XS.
Great site!

Hello,
Newbie here..
I am about to make a new purchase for sunglasses and I am looking at the X-Squared.
I have a rather large melon and need a pair of sunglasses where the frame flares out a little so they don't look so tight on my head.
Great site!

I have a pair of the polarized X Squared, plasma frame, Fire Iridium polarized lenses. Although I have a small face I still like the fit and how great it actually looks on me. I guess it's a matter of personal taste. What I like most about the X Squared is large peripheral coverage making it perfect for driving in broad daylight. Of course, every Oakley fan should also have a Juliet. But then that's another story.

Cheers!

I just bought a pair of X Squared and am selling them because they are too tight on my medium-sized head. the earstems are shorter than the other X-metals and they dig into my scalp behind my ears, leaving dents in my head. Picked up some Juliets that should be arriving tomorrow.

I have two pairs of X-squared X metal with ruby and the Ducatis . I have a big melon head myself and they are quite comfortable ,a bit tight at first , I trimmed a small amount off the ear shocks and that helped greatly. I also have three Juliet's two newer and one pair of the xmetal rubies since 99 that recently had their first tune up. They're comfortable too but I like the eye coverage from the XS better myself .i think the best thing would be to try both and decide from there. I think you'll be very happy with either . Good luck and enjoy

Hello,
Newbie here..
Great site!

Welcome Noob, sounds like the XS is the right frame for your melon! The good news is that Oakley made scads of Polished Carbon XS sunnies so only the fun part remains- the chase.

I just bought a pair of X Squared and am selling them because they are too tight on my medium-sized head. the earstems are shorter than the other X-metals and they dig into my scalp behind my ears, leaving dents in my head. Picked up some Juliets that should be arriving tomorrow.

The Juliets might be a bigger disappointment for your head. The Juliet is a smaller frame but the stems are longer, you are correct. But a smaller frame still.

When I wear the XS and I feel that pressure where the earstems terminate I just pull the earsocks down the stem a bit and somewhat effectively extend the stems.

Welcome too!

I tried on the Juliet in the store, and they actually fit perfectly. I wasn't expecting that, but it was a pleasant surprise. It has to do with the fact that the ends of the juliet earstems match up with the curve of my head.

thanks for the welcome!

PS: I sold the X squared last night. thanks for all of the inquiries

Back