• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Member in Denmark

Well, it's definitely different than Charlotte NC! Still getting used to no car, and no Oakley Vault! Are there local stores that are better than others for deals?

Most Copenhagen stores follow the guideline prices . Fabinsport.dk has some discounted models - but still probably expensive compared to US prices. Marathon Sport and Friluftsland - both actual stores in the city and Profil Optik in Hellerup have the widest selection I can think of. But still not a lot - by far the most Oakleys sold in Denmark are the models for cycling...

Ok, I noticed that the cyklers seem to carry the most- a lot of radars and m-frames. Very practical, which seems to be the standard in Denmark! Is there an "Oakley scene" in Denmark, or would you have to go to Sweden or Germany to meet many other collectors?

Yeah you've probably discovered that cars are ridiculously expensive here .
I haven't really come across any other collectors - I know of one in Jylland but only through word of mouth. I'm on the European Oakley Network on FB and have only seen one other Dane - and according to him he isn't collecting.

My wife has a 5yr contract, but we may go back after 3, depending on the projects she gets offered, and our tax situation. I'm definitely looking, but it seems like a very tough job market right now. I've been with Maersk Line for 6 yrs, so hope to find something with them in the new year.

Wow that's a while - your wife is she with Big Pharma ?
Well Maersk is about as good as it gets when it comes to references - so there's a big advantage. What line of work are you in ? Maybe I can recommend some companies..
And yeah our taxes unfortunately tend to scare qualified foreigners away :eek:

My wife has been with Maersk since they acquired P&O Nedlloyd. I started with the company when they moved us from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC. My main goal is to stay with the company, since we will eventually go back to Charlotte at some point, and I loved working for them there. It's just tough to spend as much as Oakley charges when you're not making any money. Hopefully, soon!

Back