• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Member - Longtime Fan

turtleguy89

Oakley Beginner
Hello folks, Ken here. I was driven to the forums because last summer I had a wave in the Atlantic take my Juliets of four years. After fruitless searching, I learned that these are somewhat hard to come by....

Anyhow, after more research I found a pair here on the trade forum - once I hit the minimum post limit I'll order them.

Can't tell you how disappointed I was to lose my glasses. They'd been with me for a deployment to the Middle East, a year in Korea, and two years of riding dirt bikes in the desert. Best fitting, toughest eyewear I've ever enjoyed.

Thanks for reading, look forward to learning more about the brand and models here.

Ken

Welcome to the forum Ken.

That sucks about those glasses. :(

This would be the place to find another pair. Looks like you've already gained the knowledge on how to access the exchange. Good luck!

They were the flat gray X-Metals.Originally had Ruby Iridium lenses, and the date I purchased them makes me think they were a later generation. In 2015 I upgraded to polarized Dark (black?) Iridium lenses.

juliet.jpg

I'll have to ask around regarding prescription lenses and read the forums a bit more - intend to get some made for the next pair. Thanks for the welcome messages, I appreciate it much.

Now this is a rarity a new member not asking how much his pair is worth .

:welcome:and hopefully you'll stick around after you achieve your buying privileges .

:welcome:and hopefully you'll stick around after you achieve your buying privileges .
That's cause he doesn't have them. :p

He needs them replaced. ;)

But he already seems like a good guy.

I learned what they are worth after I lost them, unfortunately. I'd have invested in a retention strap earlier had I known they stopped producing them.

I've been lurking as a guest on the forums for a while, so I have a grasp of the proper forum etiquette... just saw a pair I'd like come up for sale. I'll be investing in them. After that, I'll be sure to keep up - I want to learn where to source those stylish display cases from... I could see a value in having one in the gear room for all of our outdoor/adventure toys.

Back