• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Member looking for new toys

Fortunately for me I'm not a millennial :) , but if the first purchase goes well I will probably get the premium membership just to give back, especially if I get a good price.

I am interested in the Carbon Prime's. From what I can tell, I missed the fire sale on those by just a few months. I know they aren't x-metals but any opinion on quality of those glasses?
Lots of issues with those Carbon Primes. Don’t spend more than $250 for new...I think they will be even lower soon.

Lots of issues with those Carbon Primes. Don’t spend more than $250 for new...I think they will be even lower soon.
Thanks for the advice. Can you elaborate on the issues or point me to a thread that discusses them? I am glad you have mentioned this as if I had seen a new pair for 250 I would have jumped on it.

Thanks for the advice. Can you elaborate on the issues or point me to a thread that discusses them? I am glad you have mentioned this as if I had seen a new pair for 250 I would have jumped on it.
There are issues with the stems sitting level and certain ruby Prizm lenses are causing headaches with certain people. I don’t think it’s been confirmed, but I think the speculation is the polarization is off on them. With that said, not EVERY pair will have issues. I’d just make sure you get em for $250 or less.
FYI, there are some people offering up custom cut lenses if you don’t want the ruby or Black Prizm...

Yeah I actually want to go sapphire with sapphire earsocks and icon. Out of curiosity, do the siphon lenses fit the prime, I think the earsocks do. I didn't know if the siphon was just a cheaper prime with the same lens shape.

Back