• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Member - Oakley Splice dilemma

Chugger22

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys. 43yo and been wearing nothing but Oakleys since my parents bought me my first frog skins back in the early 90’s. Still have those broken frames & lenses in a box somewhere. My most recent purchase was a pair of Flak 2.0; bought them 2 years ago on a flash sale but hadn’t wore them till last week. My daily wear glasses are an old pair of Oakley Splice. Started to notice I was having some vision problems after my commute to work and then noticed how bad the lenses were peeling and vision my was distorted. I’ve worn these heavily for probably 10+ years. I started shopping for replacement lenses and then discovered these are somewhat desired by folks. Overall the black matte & black crystal frames are still in good shape, ear socks as well, but I am missing one nose bomb. Lenses are toast.

So my question to you guys is this: do I buy some replacement lenses and keep abusing these as my favorite do anything glasses or should I pawn them on ebay and use the cash to put towards another new set Oakleys. I need something to wear while mowing the yard ASAP

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

Do not sell and fix that bad boy up.

kaAi2N.gif

Last edited:
Hey guys. 43yo and been wearing nothing but Oakleys since my parents bought me my first frog skins back in the early 90’s. Still have those broken frames & lenses in a box somewhere. My most recent purchase was a pair of Flak 2.0; bought them 2 years ago on a flash sale but hadn’t wore them till last week. My daily wear glasses are an old pair of Oakley Splice. Started to notice I was having some vision problems after my commute to work and then noticed how bad the lenses were peeling and vision my was distorted. I’ve worn these heavily for probably 10+ years. I started shopping for replacement lenses and then discovered these are somewhat desired by folks. Overall the black matte & black crystal frames are still in good shape, ear socks as well, but I am missing one nose bomb. Lenses are toast.

So my question to you guys is this: do I buy some replacement lenses and keep abusing these as my favorite do anything glasses or should I pawn them on ebay and use the cash to put towards another new set Oakleys. I need something to wear while mowing the yard ASAP
Hmm… 43 years old… .. been wearing nothing but Oakley’s since, a box of broken **** that’s been floating around for decades,, just now starting to have vision issues.. sorry bud we can’t relate one bit. 😃 Welcome home.

Latest Posts

Back